Hamilton v Alloa

d_t_b

Someone had to start it!

What are everyone's thoughts on this one then? Not the most inspiring draw as the two sides are very familiar with each other, but in terms of progressing to the next round I think it's pretty favourable for us.

We always seemed to struggle against Hartley's Alloa but after he moved on I felt we were fairly comfortable.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We always seemed to struggle against Hartley's Alloa but after he moved on I felt we were fairly comfortable.

Barry Smith hasn't shown anything like Hartley's ability yet. He's done OK, but PH is exceptional.

I still think we can give Accies problems, and if we get the first goal then who knows; we still have a good nucleus to the team.

Barry Smith hasn't shown anything like Hartley's ability yet. He's done OK, but PH is exceptional.

I still think we can give Accies problems, and if we get the first goal then who knows; we still have a good nucleus to the team.

You always looked very organised under Hartley, an absolute nightmare to break down which ultimately gained you six points against us last year.

Then as I recall the last time the sides met at NDP Accies looked comfortable without ever really getting out of first gear, panic setting in when you scored and word filtered through that Morton had taken the lead against Dundee. Strange atmosphere that day :lol:

As you say though with our focus very likely to be away from the cups a few changes in our lineup may well give Alloa a fighting chance.

Last season I think Barry Smith just wanted it over and done with. This season, even though the competition hasn't really been there Alloa look do be back t where they were beginning of last season, they also look to be more attacking than they did with Hartley which I am sure I read Barry Smith saying he wanted to make Alloa more attacking. With the team maybe playing a different style I can see us catching Hamilton off guard to begin with but they will recover from it and I can't see anything but a home win here.

Dull draw for both teams will Neil rest some players as. Am sure cups like this wont be high on his list

Is that the same as Alloa players and management share your view on not caring about cups?

I can only judge Alloa under Smith by what I've seen of them recently. We had perhaps one of the most comfortable games of our season at Recreation Park in our 3 - 0 win and we had a pretty comfortable 80/85 minutes at NDP when we won 2 - 1. I'm sure they have improved since then but we have too. I think we should go through but it can always go pear shaped so we can go into this one expecting to turn up and win like we did against Arbroath where despite winning, better teams would have punished us. Just than 3 weeks until this so it's hard to get excited about it when we still have 4 more important matches (all due respect to Alloa) to play.

I can only judge Alloa under Smith by what I've seen of them recently. We had perhaps one of the most comfortable games of our season at Recreation Park in our 3 - 0 win and we had a pretty comfortable 80/85 minutes at NDP when we won 2 - 1. I'm sure they have improved since then but we have too. I think we should go through but it can always go pear shaped so we can go into this one expecting to turn up and win like we did against Arbroath where despite winning, better teams would have punished us. Just than 3 weeks until this so it's hard to get excited about it when we still have 4 more important matches (all due respect to Alloa) to play.

Yeah Smith didn't look the best at the end of last season and alot of Alloa fans were calling for his head (which I found unbelievable) but the team wasn't his. He's brought in a few people and so far it looks like he's kept the overall start from the back with lots of passes but with a more attacking edge to it.

Archived