Greenock Morton v Partick Thistle

Hammer Jag

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do Morton midweek home games always kick off at 7.30?

Is it to do with public transport connections to the Dunoon Ferry?

The game at home to Berwick last week was a 7:45 kick off. Don't know the reason for the difference this week.

You can still pay at the gate tonight...

If I had a ticket, I'd have went home on Saturday and told the Mrs to go to the Wednesday running club instead of tonight.

It was an easy decision in the end, we were shite on Saturday and I get to bath and put my daughter to bed.

We deserved at least a draw out of that game. We played some good stuff and competed well with an Spl side. McCluskey missed 2 glorious chances and didn't even hit the target with either of them (it was harder to miss). The ref had an absolute nightmare took about 5 or 6 fouls from the same player for him to eventually pull his book out. Was too far away from the penalty claim to see if there was any contact or not but it looked a penalty from where I was standing.

All in all a decent performance that I'm happy enough with. Thistle will struggle this year based on that performance especially defensively they looked very weak. McManus managed to out-muscle Muirhead & Balatoni and he's hardly the strongest or tallest player.

Both teams will be happy enough with that, we're through to the next round and Morton have a plucky hard luck story to go out on.

Fucking hell though we need a competent defender in before Saturday, that back four will be slaughtered at Pittodrie. Utterly lost whenever the ball goes behind them. We were ok if not outstanding everywhere else though, great goal from Doolan who should be starting games from now on.

We deserved at least a draw out of that game. We played some good stuff and competed well with an Spl side. McCluskey missed 2 glorious chances and didn't even hit the target with either of them (it was harder to miss). The ref had an absolute nightmare took about 5 or 6 fouls from the same player for him to eventually pull his book out. Was too far away from the penalty claim to see if there was any contact or not but it looked a penalty from where I was standing.

All in all a decent performance that I'm happy enough with. Thistle will struggle this year based on that performance.

post-1545-0-54810700-1409087131_thumb.gi

Decent game, felt we could have got something out of that, in the end it's came down to 2 glorious chances being missed and arguably a penalty we should have had, Kilday was superb, as was Crighton, all the long ball stuff needs to stop though.

That was pretty dismal stuff all round, but at least we managed to win. We came out in the first 5 minutes and looked sharp then it looked as if the players had decided we were going to piss it and just switched off, honourable exception to Lawless who looked lively. First half was notable for us conceding about 300 free kicks and Morton making use of only one of them when the boy headed wide from right in front of goal. Great turn and finish by Doolan, he's scored a couple of very similar goals in the past and the defender looks very silly indeed. Passing was so slow and predictable too, Morton were happy to let the ball be worked out to Keenan and then press him, normally resulting in us giving the ball back to them.

Second half was a bit more comfortable, Morton only really threatened from set pieces plus the chance Balatoni handed to them on a plate, but we didn't really create much more. Didn't think much of the penalty shout, boy knew he was never going to score the angle he was at was so tried the old 'touch it past the keeper and fling myself up in the air' trick that Higginbotham got booked for vs County a fortnight ago. Horrendous defending from us to let a big punt up the park get that far.

Still struggling to see how Stevenson fits into this team even in his proper position, and Fraser seems to be either sugar or shite, which is maybe to be expected given he's still only played about 20 first team games in his career. That defence though, Jesus f**k. Can see us getting a proper shafting at Pittodrie or against any semi-competent Premiership team unless we sign a left back and / or Seaborne returns to fitness.

Archived