Greenock Morton v Partick Thistle

Hammer Jag

To be fair, that's actually less hubristic than some of the posts from Morton fans after the 2-2 game in our last visit to Cappielow. Good work.

I look forward to singing songs about an 8 point lead being blown whilst ignoring games in hand, and taunting players and managers that are no longer at GMFC. Even if we lose it'll have been a laugh.

Those songs sound like absolute belters, I'd like to register my furious indignation now.

The 2004 game should really have been a turning point - off the back of the previous week's defeat at Dumbarton, it made increasingly clear that the Morton side required additional work. Had McCormack invested in a half-decent defender that January then we'd have at worst plodded into the second promotion place. But he's a moron, discounted those mounting issues and the rest is thoroughly mediocre history.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two, Gaston and Bachirou (I think). Everyone else is gone. We are now on our third squad since the end of that season!

One now :'(

Eta: actually two, o'ware as well (might still have been a youth/development player then). But only one of the above.

O'Ware hardly played in the first half of that season, then came into the team regularly through the second half of season as McLaughlin and Rutkiewicz were routinely missing games due to being pensioners. He was solid whenever played at centre back, then Moore had the brainwave of moving him to left back at Firhill where he had an absolute shocker and ultimately his season is remembered by his mistake for the goal that night.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think we'll change too much for this one, mainly as we don't really have the squad to do so. Would think Doolan, Elliott, and Craigen will all start. No real need to be resting players this early into the season especially with an international break coming up.

We'll likely start with the same back four as yesterday which should give Morton at least a fighting chance of taking something. That and the fact we always seem to have close games with lower league sides in the cup. If we win then it'll be by a single goal or maybe a second late on. Hopefully we can go one step better than Celtic last season anyway.

I'd rather give McDaid, Lindsay and Wilson a start rather than playing the likes of Craigen tbh. Archie said there's no point in these boys being around the 1st team if they are only going to play development squad games so may as well give them a chance.

It'll be great to see one of our most promising young talents playing against us tomorrow. Yet another shambolic decision by the club to let McDaid go.

Or, as is actually the truth, he rejected our offer of a deal and signed for a club in a higher division. These things happen, as disappointing as it might be.

Archived