Greenock Morton v Partick Thistle

Hammer Jag

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really couldn't have had a more humiliating draw. Even getting Hamilton at NDP wouldn't have been as embarrassing. 18 months ago we were playing each other at Cappielow and had a close game in what was at that point a close title race. Now you're going to come and absolutely destroy us in a cup tie after you've been promoted, we've been relegated, we're managed by Jim Duffy and we're as big a laughing stock as Ayr, Clyde and Hibs.

<<<actual tears

Really looking forward to this. Duffy has built the best squad we've had in years, based on a rock solid defence. It will be a good test against a team playing at our natural level, and a team we will be looking to finish above in the championship next season. O'Ware looks like he's solved our striking problems and McKee is looking like the best midfield player outside the top flight. Looking strong throughout the squad.

Anyway, 2-0 Morton win. O'Ware and big mad mental Crighton.

We really couldn't have had a more humiliating draw. Even getting Hamilton at NDP wouldn't have been as embarrassing. 18 months ago we were playing each other at Cappielow and had a close game in what was at that point a close title race. Now you're going to come and absolutely destroy us in a cup tie after you've been promoted, we've been relegated, we're managed by Jim Duffy and we're as big a laughing stock as Ayr, Clyde and Hibs.

<<<actual tears

This. Dreading the Thistle fans taunting us for 90 minutes about being two leagues apart after running them so close just over a year ago, while they are humping us 6-0.

Interestingly enough, the last time the two sides met in a cup competition was in 2004. A Scottish Cup 3rd round tie at Cappielow. We were bottom of the SPL and heading for relegation, Morton were running away with the 2nd Division. We coasted it 3-0 and Morton went on to spectacularly blow the league. It was a huge crowd that day and it's the wettest I've ever been at a game. Another custy 3-0 win would suffice and hopefully wee Morton can make a couple of quid off the gate.

Really looking forward to this. Duffy has built the best squad we've had in years, based on a rock solid defence. It will be a good test against a team playing at our natural level, and a team we will be looking to finish above in the championship next season. O'Ware looks like he's solved our striking problems and McKee is looking like the best midfield player outside the top flight. Looking strong throughout the squad.

What is this I don't even...

That was my first visit to Cappielow. 2,000 Jags getting drenched in the WDE.

James Grady double, I believe.

Correct. Rowson made it 1-0 just before half time when Morton had been the better team up until that point. Kenny Arthur was stretchered off right at the start.

It was my first and only trip to the Norseman that day and after only a few minutes in the place a Morton fan spewed all over himself. Great place.

This tie is already about a hundred times better than the dull draws we got last season in the cup.

At least this time we will probably finish with all 11 players seeing as Hugh "Morton Slayer" Murray isnt about. I still can hear the sound of him smashing into that lad and breaking his leg.

To be fair, that's actually less hubristic than some of the posts from Morton fans after the 2-2 game in our last visit to Cappielow. Good work.

I look forward to singing songs about an 8 point lead being blown whilst ignoring games in hand, and taunting players and managers that are no longer at GMFC. Even if we lose it'll have been a laugh.

Archived