• Created
  • Last Reply

Team I'd go for

Bain

Irvine Konrad Benedictus Kerr

Davidson McAllister

Roberts Stewart Boyle

MacDonald

Subs: Letheren, McPake, Harkins, McGowan, Wighton, McGinn and Tankulic. Unused: McBride, Thomson and Dyer

Wouldn't be starting McPake or McBride (think we should save McPake for the league games and McBride was pretty fucked today). I'd get Wighton on for a good spell as well but only from the bench considering he played the full 90 today.

Any Rovers fan heading up to this, I take my hat off to you!

Can't see anything but a Dundee win by at least 3 goals.

I'll be heading up...but really not sure why..

The only player I can see scoring for us as he's the only player that's had 5 decent competitive games out of 5 for us is Ryan Conroy. Hopefully Calum Elliot's back for this but I doubt it if he will with him not even making the bench today after being on the bench last week.

People really need to stop looking at Nade as some god-like gift. Yesterday, he showed that he isn't championship level, there was once he was through on goal and all he had to do was square it to Anderson and instead got a nose-bleed, slowed down the play, waited til the defence caught up and tripped over the ball.

There was another time in which he managed to squirm free of any defenders and all he had to do was put his foot right through the ball and it was a guaranteed goal, yet again, he tried to take his 20 touches, and ended up tripping over the ball again.

Elliot and Stewarts the way forward IMO. Nade, I feel can be far more effective as a 70th minute sub, he can't last 90 minutes yet he gets 90 minutes every week.

I hope I'm wrong but predict a 4-1 defeat here with Conroy getting ours.

I'll be heading up...but really not sure why..

The only player I can see scoring for us as he's the only player that's had 5 decent competitive games out of 5 for us is Ryan Conroy. Hopefully Calum Elliot's back for this but I doubt it if he will with him not even making the bench today after being on the bench last week.

People really need to stop looking at Nade as some god-like gift. Yesterday, he showed that he isn't championship level, there was once he was through on goal and all he had to do was square it to Anderson and instead got a nose-bleed, slowed down the play, waited til the defence caught up and tripped over the ball.

There was another time in which he managed to squirm free of any defenders and all he had to do was put his foot right through the ball and it was a guaranteed goal, yet again, he tried to take his 20 touches, and ended up tripping over the ball again.

Elliot and Stewarts the way forward IMO. Nade, I feel can be far more effective as a 70th minute sub, he can't last 90 minutes yet he gets 90 minutes every week.

I hope I'm wrong but predict a 4-1 defeat here with Conroy getting ours.

I'm with you about Nade. The one in the first half where he had a simple square ball was awful. He made a hash of a few similar openings against Alloa as well through standing on the ball etc.

Team I'd go for

Bain

Davidson McAllister

Roberts Stewart Boyle

MacDonald

Subs: Letheren, McPake, Harkins, McGowan, Wighton, McGinn and Tankulic. Unused: McBride, Thomson and Dyer

Wouldn't be starting McPake or McBride (think we should save McPake for the league games and McBride was pretty fucked today). I'd get Wighton on for a good spell as well but only from the bench considering he played the full 90 today.

Like the look of that side, freshens things up, and gives fringe players a chance to shine, while giving 1st picks a rest.

You need to treat Nade right and he'll give it all back.

Conroy to score a free kick is a stick on.

We would actually need to get within 30 yards of goal first.

We should really just put out a Fife cup style team for this game and write it off.

Any Rovers fan heading up to this, I take my hat off to you!

Can't see anything but a Dundee win by at least 3 goals.

I suppose folk were thinking the same thing two seasons ago when we drew Ross County away.

Team I'd go for

Bain

Davidson McAllister

Roberts Stewart Boyle

MacDonald

I would give the tank a start. The more confidence and time he gets the better, another home cup game without the pressure of the league is perfect in my opinion.

I'd be tempted to play our strongest team as we haven't had a good cup run for a while.

We just played our strongest team with covering players all over the place, including cover in McBride which then had to be covered by Davidson!! Definitely an opportunity to balance out the fitness of the squad. Stewart hasn't played in 2 and I think boyle deserves an opportunity to start, Roberts being back lends itself to this.

Archived