Ayrshire Derby - Kilmarnock v Ayr (Tues 26th August)

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope like hell I can make this after the planned trip to the City of Discovery had to be called off, then another fucking appointment ruined my chance of getting to the Aberdeen match.

Really has to be the Tuesday for me - can't see the medics being too chuffed if I turn up at Jimmy's on Thursday "rested" after a good old-fashioned thrashing of the local whipping boys followed by a five hour drive on Thursday for a 0942 scheduled start. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14539169

The last proper Morton St Mirren game in a cup tie couldn't even break 5,000, I don't rate them as a big derby.

I think that has as much to do with playing each other every year in their meaningless local cup than it does lack of passion or anything else.

Would just like to quickly remind folk that the 'K*ll*e' and 'A#r' patter is absolutely rank and should not be used.

ThanQ.

Indeed. The correct terms are "Mighty Killie", and "The shite from down the road". KME gets a pass as one of the good guys, btw.

Oh, and "ThanQ"? You really think we need more teenage-girl patter? :lol:

I think that has as much to do with playing each other every year in their meaningless local cup than it does lack of passion or anything else.

You really think so? I'd have thought any excitement would be welcomed to alleviate the experience of living in either Greenock or Paisley.

Certainly, when we used to actually play semi-seriously for the A*rshire Cup, I can't remember it impacting on the appetite for league matches - when that lot could scrape into the same league as us, that is...

You really think so? I'd have thought any excitement would be welcomed to alleviate the experience of living in either Greenock or Paisley.

Certainly, when we used to actually play semi-seriously for the A*rshire Cup, I can't remember it impacting on the appetite for league matches - when that lot could scrape into the same league as us, that is...

Or when we were waiting on your mob to get promoted on numerous occasions.

Kilmarnock should win with guys like Eremenko in the team.footballs not always like that though sometimes the under dog wins the day through guts and determination and passion

Thing is, we haven't got "guys like Eremenko". It remains to be seen if Losa is still "like Eremenko".

How determined and gutsy are the wee team going to be? We're certainly a better side, man for man - are there enough locals in each side who recognise the significance of the fixture to make "passion" a factor?

Fairly confident we can do it - what price a Killie red card later on, so we can dust off the "Ten men, we only need ten men" song again?

Thing is, we haven't got "guys like Eremenko". It remains to be seen if Losa is still "like Eremenko".

How determined and gutsy are the wee team going to be? We're certainly a better side, man for man - are there enough locals in each side who recognise the significance of the fixture to make "passion" a factor?

Fairly confident we can do it - what price a Killie red card later on, so we can dust off the "Ten men, we only need ten men" song again?

Saw loads of derbies in my time what was the record in the cup.something like seven back to back Ayr wins at one time

And Kilmarnock were always in the big league its what matters on the day to decide who comes out on top

Kilmarnock should have superior fitness to being the pro side.and still wee Ayr seems to be the thorn in your side

Anything can happen in football saw Ayr win on penalties still mind that Gus McPherson miss it happy days

You really think so? I'd have thought any excitement would be welcomed to alleviate the experience of living in either GREENOCK or PAISLEY.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/news/home-news/kilmarnock-wins-worst-scottish-town-title.22524751

Our poor county in-breds, any spare change anyone?

Oh, there's no doubt that Killie is a shitehole. You'll look long, hard and fruitlessly for me trying to say otherwise. There's a lot of places you could say the same about, after decades of industrial decline.

Or, in some cases, the near-death of the fishing industry... ;)

One thing's for sure, I don't reckon many exiles (like YT, f'rinstance) would be rushing to move back.

Archived