Bauer Radio Deal

Will BBC Radio Scotland have no coverage at all then? Even Open All Mics or discussion during the games gone?

The coverage may have been poor for some but it was miles better for us and more than likely St Mirren, Motherwell and now Hamilton than we're ever going to get now it's on Radio Clyde. We'll be lucky to get a mention when we're playing Celtic never mind any other team.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will BBC Radio Scotland have no coverage at all then? Even Open All Mics or discussion during the games gone?

The coverage may have been poor for some but it was miles better for us and more than likely St Mirren, Motherwell and now Hamilton than we're ever going to get now it's on Radio Clyde. We'll be lucky to get a mention when we're playing Celtic never mind any other team.

Radio Scotland will still have commentary and OAM, but on a non-exclusive basis.

We've basically gone back to the pre-2002 situation where the BBC and SRH had joint non-exclusive rights - remember at the start of 2002/3 there was no radio coverage for the first two weeks because Celtic and Rangers (RIP) blocked the deal, unhappy at not keeping online rights IIRC. That ultimately led to the exclusive BBC deal.

I love open all mics, the madness that comes with Richard Gordon (who is really good) trying to marshall 9 idiots and Jim Spence into telling him a coherent goal description is brilliant.

But when the dons are playing it is terrible for my nerves so this is great news. Biased commentary!

For the Clubs in West Central it will make no difference whatsoever as Clyde is really Radio OF. Stopped listening to it many years ago and am now happy with Sportsound especially since Traynor disappeared.

While some people seem to give it a lot of stick I genuinely enjoy radio Scotland's football coverage on a Saturday. OTB then open all mics beats any other football radio service I have listened to. Think Richard Gordon is excellent at chairing the programme as well. I won't be tuning in to Tay FM as an alternative.

I don't think many are slagging off BBC Scotland (well, apart from having to listen to Traynor and Young during armageddon), but I'd much rather listen to the game live than get goal updates!

I don't think many are slagging off BBC Scotland (well, apart from having to listen to Traynor and Young during armageddon), but I'd much rather listen to the game live than get goal updates!

Each to their own I guess. I think to be fair with open all mics then you get a lot more than just goal updates - you will get near misses etc so I think it works well. While obviously I care about Utd's game more than others I still like to hear what is happening in all the other games as well.

Pretty sure the radio station (Central?) that Peter Martin and Roughy have a show on has live commentry aswell.

Radio clyde's alot of fucking shite. Keevins, Guidi, wan cell, MacAvennie, fat DJ. A show full of fucking clowns.

Bauer Radio, the owners of Clyde, Forth, Tay, Northsound and MFR have signed a deal with the SPFL to bring live commentaries back to these stations.

And they'll be regionalised - so the Dundee clubs on Tay,

I've corrected that for you

There is no way Murray McGregor and Dick Donnelly will ever make it past Tannadice street on any given Saturday as we start our return to complete obscurity.

Open All Mics is pretty good imo.

I gave it up as I don't speak jimmy. Having a load of the ex-playing intelligentsia and/or weegies constantly screaming in some unintelligible dialect was too much of an assault on the ears.

I quite like Open All Mics, especially when they include a decent selection of lower division games. I used to listen to the live commentaries online, but the commentator we usually got (Scott what's-his-name, the Raith fan) so obviously hated being sat at Pittodrie that it put me off. Live commentaries on Forth will be good though. Can't be any worse than the rubbish they put out on Saturdays at the moment, anyway.

I gave it up as I don't speak jimmy. Having a load of the ex-playing intelligentsia and/or weegies constantly screaming in some unintelligible dialect was too much of an assault on the ears.

Yeah, it does have it's fair share of Glasgow circlejerking going on but I find it listenable,which is more than can be said for Off the Ball.

Yeah, it does have it's fair share of Glasgow circlejerking going on but I find it listenable,which is more than can be said for Off the Ball.

Gave up on that before Open All Mics. Despite what they said there was still too much OF stuff in it plus Cosgrove's put on jimmy accent was as embarrassing as annoying.

Agent Roberts would do a fine job, commentating on his first love.

Naw naw naw, Marko is his first love, Killie will trail in a distant second in that particular contest.

Archived