Andrew Robertson Hull City

Dryhorce

He's only 20 so is going to have the odd bad game. Chamberlain is a very tricky player. He still offered some of our best attacking options during the game with a great ball for Brown and the goal of course.

I didn't say he had a bad game. The lad was great going forward and scored a very decent goal. People have drawn comparisons with Bale and that may be way over the top but in style of play they are similar. Did Bale not start his professional career as a left full back?

I didn't say he had a bad game. The lad was great going forward and scored a very decent goal. People have drawn comparisons with Bale and that may be way over the top but in style of play they are similar. Did Bale not start his professional career as a left full back?

Physically he's nothing like bale though and i don't just mean he doesn't look like a monkey.

He wasn't that bad defensively. 2nd goal was a horrible ricochet and it was hardly like he was being beaten every time. Made some good defensive interventions as well as being probably our best player going forward. 30 million quid shaw on the other side hardly compared well.

He's a left back - not a midfielder but will always need someone competent to tuck in for him to allow him to roam.

He wasn't that bad defensively. 2nd goal was a horrible ricochet and it was hardly like he was being beaten every time. Made some good defensive interventions as well as being probably our best player going forward. 30 million quid shaw on the other side hardly compared well.

He's a left back - not a midfielder but will always need someone competent to tuck in for him to allow him to roam.

He also plays in a 3-5-2 at Hull, so plays a different role with different responsibilities for Scotland. I know it's not exactly a major change of position but it does mean learning things like positioning and 'when to go' in a 4-4-2 for Scotland will take longer.

Physically he's nothing like bale though and i don't just mean he doesn't look like a monkey.

That will come. Hull obviously know this and will have him on some kind of programme to aid his physical side.

There's probably a big difference in him from Utd in May and Hull just now in November physical wise.

Edit: just look at the size of Chamberlain at his age.

Edited by Dark Blue

Bale was constantly caught up the park, which Robertson isn't. He's merely getting used to a new defence and was up against as good a right hand side as he'll face with us. McGeady and Coleman have an incredible understanding going forward and thats difficult to face.

Bale was nothing spectacular until he went to Madrid, where the PEDs have turned him into a monster.