Killie Pies

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The manager at Murrays is desperate to get the Murrays pies sold at McDiarmid, and are edging closer so I've heard. When that day happens we'll win

You know these Vance Miller kitchen threads that spam the forum from time to time? Is this the pie equivalent? What's Vance's opinion on this?

I quite like Killie Pie's and I get them sometimes from Aldi's, braw with beans. Having said that, I don't think they're head and shoulders above some others, Stephens is my local baker and they of course do their renowned Steak bake which is one of the best football 'pies' for me. Both Dundee teams are unfortunate in having Lindley's doing the pies so we're not going to get a look in. Admittedly I'm pretty easily pleased, I'm a boy who likes pies (both kinds). :rolleyes:

I quite like Killie Pie's and I get them sometimes from Aldi's, braw with beans. Having said that, I don't think they're head and shoulders above some others, Stephens is my local baker and they of course do their renowned Steak bake which is one of the best football 'pies' for me. Both Dundee teams are unfortunate in having Lindley's doing the pies so we're not going to get a look in. Admittedly I'm pretty easily pleased, I'm a boy who likes pies (both kinds). :rolleyes:

Nothing beats a hairy pie (not to hairy mind).

Killie pies do not heat well in their tinfoil bases, the pastry gets far to soggy . There is also very little meat content, mostly grizzle an gravy.

For me Killie pies are not very good at all

Next time you buy one, take it out the foil before putting it in the oven.

HTH.

Archived