Steven Anderson's Testimonial Match v Hearts - 03/08/14

The build up to Steven Anderson’s testimonial match begins as Saints welcome Hearts to McDiarmid on Sunday 3rd August. Fans are invited to come along and enjoy the family spectacle Steven Anderson wishes his testimonial game day to be. A kids football event will be taking place on the all-weather pitch adjacent to the stadium between 12-2.15pm prior to the match. Fans of both Saints and Hearts are welcome to attend the free event and show off their skills on a variety of activities. The event run by Perth and Kinross YFA and ‘SkillsWizard’ Dave Anderson will include 5 footballing activities for kids to participate in, including Hotshot Hardest shot. Ando himself will be there from 12-1pm for photo opportunities, taking his shot on the ‘HotShot’ goal along with SuperSaint, then you will have your chance to beat them both! Following on from this, the children who played in the Kids Football Tournament event on 7th June will be completing a lap of honour, led by Super Saint at 2.40pm within the stadium before Ando and his team mates take to the field in what’s sure to be a competitive game as both sides prepare for the start of their league season. A Crossbar challenge featuring ex Saints players and familiar faces will take place at half time, with Stuart Cosgrove ensuring the subsequent mockery of their attempts to reach the crossbar are well heard by the fans in the stands! Following the match a presentation will be made to Hearts FC and to Steven Anderson for reaching his testimonial year – it is hoped fans will stay behind to show appreciation to our Cup Final Goal Hero. Hospitality packages are available for the game priced at £45 per person. Package includes 3 course meal, entry into the game and padded seat, match programme and player appearances. It is a pay bar for this event. To book please email thumbsup4ando@gmail.com or contact David Ritchie on 07545 982650. Entry into the stadium is priced as follows: Adults £12 Concessions £6 (OAP) Under 16s £3 Saints fans will be housed in the East and Main stands, with Hearts fans in the North end of the Main stand.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know why the East Stand isn't being used on Sunday now?

This game (in terms of footballing importance, rather than being a testimonial) would have been great if FCL had beaten us but as it is, you can't see the manager risking many senior players, which is a real shame for Steven Anderson. Hopefully folk still turn out and support it though.

Anyone know why the East Stand isn't being used on Sunday now?

This game (in terms of footballing importance, rather than being a testimonial) would have been great if FCL had beaten us but as it is, you can't see the manager risking many senior players, which is a real shame for Steven Anderson. Hopefully folk still turn out and support it though.

It is due to Police Scotland who did not want the Hearts fans housed in the Main Stand alongside Saints fans. :(

I can see an absymal crowd for this, on the back of two pricey home games in the past 10 days against a side we've played a million times in the past few years and the weather looks like it'll be shite, not to mention the ill feeling around the club.

It's a shame for Anderson who seems like a decent bloke and has been a fine player for us, especially in recent seasons. I hope I am wrong.

I can see an absymal crowd for this, on the back of two pricey home games in the past 10 days against a side we've played a million times in the past few years and the weather looks like it'll be shite, not to mention the ill feeling around the club.

It's a shame for Anderson who seems like a decent bloke and has been a fine player for us, especially in recent seasons. I hope I am wrong.

I cant see this being anything other that a Saints loss, with a shite home support and a massive lack of anything other than a slightly vile atmosphere. Its a complete tragedy that this game is going to be tarnished in such a way

Yeah I'm sure it was revealed Ando is a Hibs fan or his mum was or something. So he wanted Hearts. To be fair theres been events going on for the past few months to commemorate him, think its Ghostie on here who's been involved with organising it all, and he's done a fine job so far

Todays the day then. Think we'll have a fairly "middle of the road" sort of team. A mixture of first teamers, those who didn't play on Thursday and a couple of youngsters. Obviously hoping Ando plays, and scores a penalty

What sort of team are Rotherham allowing us to put out in the Stevie May Farewell Match?

Folk on WAP saying it'll be a fairly strong side, and that May will feature. Not sure how true that is right enough but theres enough of them saying it for it to be worthy of being mentioned

Hearts start with a strong line up. We've apparently got David Clarkson up front alongside May as a trialist to help us rest players

Archived