East of Scotland website

Surely just symptomatic of the inevitable demise of the EoS. Not letting new teams in, having teams play each other 4 times each season in the league, disaster area of a website, it is all just the same problem, When Duns and Coldstream move on to LL2 or whatever it will be by then, you can't see much initiative left in the EoS league. By contrast, the Border Amateur website has been a paragon of accuracy and updatedness for years now - plainly a lot of work, but if these things are going to be done, they do need to be done properly.

Thanks, its 10 years and counting, and its took that long to get it how I want it, tbf its generic too but does look ressonably professional.

A website doesn't have to be perfect, but promptness (such a word?) of results/fixtures/tables is expected.

Not letting new teams in, having teams play each other 4 times each season in the league,

Tbf, I'm almost certain that Selkirk Eos was the first applicant rejected since Links Utd and Hutchison Vale (who merged with Lothian Thistle in any case) in 2008,and before that Gala Rovers (who later merged with Fairydean in any case) in 2005.

Prior to those clubs you've to go back to the like of Telman Star and Loanhead in early 1990s. It's usually been very open to new clubs.

Clearly need new clubs for next season however, to get back to 2 proper divisions.

Tbf, I'm almost certain that Selkirk Eos was the first applicant rejected since Links Utd and Hutchison Vale (who merged with Lothian Thistle in any case) in 2008,and before that Gala Rovers (who later merged with Fairydean in any case) in 2005.

Prior to those clubs you've to go back to the like of Telman Star and Loanhead in early 1990s. It's usually been very open to new clubs.

Clearly need new clubs for next season however, to get back to 2 proper divisions.

I thought another club had applied this year but I was probably wrong. Anyway, whatever were they thinking stopping Selkirk..Gary O'Connor could have ended up playing in the EoS to work off a suspension! (If that's allowed, HJ?)

Surely just symptomatic of the inevitable demise of the EoS. Not letting new teams in, having teams play each other 4 times each season in the league, disaster area of a website, it is all just the same problem, When Duns and Coldstream move on to LL2 or whatever it will be by then, you can't see much initiative left in the EoS league. By contrast, the Border Amateur website has been a paragon of accuracy and updatedness for years now - plainly a lot of work, but if these things are going to be done, they do need to be done properly.

I know the EoS have been receiving enquiries for next season, so watch this space. They certainly need some new members given the lack of numbers they now possess.

Obviously there are variables like LL relegation / LL vacancies but I'd like to think the EOSL could get back to 2 divisions of 10. Which if playing 27 league games (and allowing certain grace periods for groundworks if appropriate) could surely be an attractive enough proposition to Amateur clubs, and even to Junior clubs interested in the pyramid going forward.

That would, as things currently stand, mean 3 new clubs.

• 2 weeks later...

Website still not getting the scores up. I am reading the Eyemouth score (0-5) on their Twitter while it's still a blank on website. If it's the club at fault fair enough, but it's still not hard to find out the scores if they have their own social media.

The whole point is that the home club is supposed to inform latest scores as they happen - if they have the time to do twitter updates it's not much to ask that they advise the EOS site at the same time - EOS shouldn't have to be continually trawling through the facebook/twitter pages to try and spot when things have been updated.

Yes I understand that. However, why bother to have the website at all if they cannot be bothered to do the trawling when necessary? Let's face it, yesterday several scores were available on the LL website which did not really involve a lot of trawling at all.

Fair points guys - I suppose that when EOS are playing non EOS teams the EOS team whether home or away should text the scores in and there maybe needs to be a gentle reminder about that. Is the number you text into changed for this year as someone else is doing it ? Maybe need to re-issue the right number. All about good communications at the end of the day.

Website still not getting the scores up. I am reading the Eyemouth score (0-5) on their Twitter while it's still a blank on website. If it's the club at fault fair enough, but it's still not hard to find out the scores if they have their own social media.

sore one to txt but it was sent in

Elvis

Just in case folk are texting to last years number - this is this seasons arrangement

During matches please text latest scorers, including the time of the goal the name of the scorer, to 07806 777449.
Please also note this is a private number and should only be used for this purpose. Texts only should be sent; do not make telephone calls to this number.

Last week at our club , scores were texted in as it happened , time, scorer ,what side , The lad next to me done it for the first 3 goals , never came up on the site , he gave up in the end . Never been the same since Andrew waddell went to the lowland league .

This is what I figured.

Why can't I see the league on the EOS website!? Am I being an idiot or is it genuinely not available!?

I can see last night's results on their but can't see league positions etc. Is it really so hard to have the league on there?

Sh*te state of affairs.

It's not that tricky.

Click on 'League' on the left hand side. Then at the bottom of the expanded list click on 'Tables'. You can then choose which table you want to see.

Appreciate the assistance friend, albeit I think the tables should be on the home page! :-)

Archived