Day 7

peasy23

Another guaranteed bronze in the boxing for Scotland as Steven Lavelle makes the semis in the heavyweight division. Had to battle hard to beat his Indian opponent who was easily 6 or 7 inches taller.

Currently watching Kirsty Yates in the shot put. Written stuff about her for the paper for years and interviewed her after she got selected. She's unlikely to win but a bit surreal seeing her on TV with Kath Merry talking about her!

Went to the athletics tonight and great to see Guy Learmonth qualify for the 800m final. Greg Rutherford done well to win the long jump title and also got to see the javelin games record broken. Not a bad night at all - Hampden is terrific as an athletics venue.

No chance of McColgan getting a medal. Her technique over the water jump doesn't make sense.

She seems to have favourited my tweet that watching her makes me feel old as I remember watching her mum running :thumsup2

Think all of Scotland's teams progressed in the badminton bar the women's doubles who were unfortunately knocked out 2-1 to England. Three tight games but England were overall 2nd seeds AFAIK so the Scottish girls did well.

Archived