Alice Cooper

Bigbud

One of the most under-rated artists in the last 30 years.

All the youngsters should ignore this i.e under 40 lol.

My first live experience at the Apollo, and to be honest still the best.

I still love his early stuff and some of his later stuff isn't half bad, Great praise indeed.

Anyway, Opinions...............Even bad one's.

Funnily enough my first ever live experience was Alice Cooper as well. Well strictly speaking it was Brittany Foxx the bad glam metal band that was the support act but even that was an eye opener.

He definitely has a great run of albums with producer Bob Ezrin up to the mid 70's. When the original Alice Cooper band broke up things went a bit astray for me but if you are interested in rock music you can definitely do worse than seek out those albums. They are quite eclectic and experiment though, don't go looking for metal records because they ain't that.

He scored a cracker for Falkirk against the Shire at the weekend

Naw, seriously, the early stuff is excellent especially Killer. I was surprised that School's Out wasn't on that 'best ever riffs' thing on Radio 2 recently

Bigbud - when was the Apollo show? Was it the classic band line up with Vince doing all the 'blood and snotters' stuff?

Alice Cooper’s former guitarist Dick Wagner has died.

He’d been ill for some time and died on July 30th after being admitted to hospital with respiratory failure. He also underwent a cardiac procedure two weeks prior.

The Michigan born musician first played with Alice Cooper on his 1972 album 'School’s Out' and also performed with Lou Reed and many others.

Wagner was still in touch with Alice, and shared the below photograph of the two together on his Facebook page just a few weeks ago.

Archived