Gary O Connor

surely not!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do Selkirk have all full timers playing for them then? Went onto their website but no info on it. What's the deal with these French boys they have full time? Is it through some agent or something?

So do Selkirk have all full timers playing for them then? Went onto their website but no info on it. What's the deal with these French boys they have full time? Is it through some agent or something?

Assuming all the intended places have been filled, they have 15 full-timers... 7 or 8 were to be Frenchmen from the Edusport Academy, and 7 or 8 were to be young Scottish players employed by one of the government apprentice scheme.

I can't remember off-hand which is the 7 and which the 8.

I heard dunfermline are interested in him and sent a scout to watch him on saturday!

Selkirk appear to have a lot more cash than the Pars with Selkirk being rumored to be laying out over half a million on a new training center and a big lump sum more to develop it they wont be letting any players go for small change !

There's a guy kicking about Scottish non-league football called 'Tadg Moriarty'?

:lol: Amazing.

Played against very same guy when he played for Celtic Boys Club East, seem to remember Burchill was in same team as was a guy called Haggart or Haggerty who was a great prospect but was tragically killed/murdered, no sure of the details

There is no chance selkirk could offer garry more money than dunfermline

Unlike the Pars Selkirk have not been bankrupt and could borrow from banks whereas the Pars could not ! Dont know if Selkirk are using borrowed money or not but at least they have that option !

• 2 weeks later...

There's a guy kicking about Scottish non-league football called 'Tadg Moriarty'?

:lol: Amazing.

He came through the youth ranks at Celtic. I remember going along to a game when he was on the bench, and just about ended myself at the fact that there's someone in the world named Tadg.

It's pronounced TAG. Thanks for playing though! ;)

Grim, I've got you down as an "Ultra" so yer BANNED!

"His name is Tadg Lee Moriarty,

He roams from town to town,

Shutting every pub down!

He went to downtown Castle Douglas

He made no bloody sense,

After robbing the off-licence! "

Song commemorating a trip to Threave Rovers a few years back... :P

Archived