Music Trivia That Delights And Informs

Mel Hutchwright

A few days back I discovered that the shouts of "guilty!" on Erasure's wonderful Drama! single were performed by none other than The Jesus And Mary Chain. This newfound knowledge has not only made me a happier man but, I would argue, also a better one.

Here's the video, although, regrettably, neither Jim or William Reid make an appearance...

Anyway, fascinating music trivia, you must share some for pity's sake.

Probably quite well-known, but the chap singing "I want my MTV" at the beginning of Money For Nothing by Dire Straits is none other than Sting.

The story behind Queen's Don't Stop Me Now does not much delight me as disturb me. It's still very informative, however. I'd suggest looking it up if you're unaware of the details. I'm unable to provide them as this late hour.

Bob Holness played saxophone on...... ach no he never.

If Baker St comes on the jukie in a pub rest assured you'll still get get some auld p***k at the bar giving it "Mind that programme Blockbusters? Mind the guy that hosted it? Well...."

If Baker St comes on the jukie in a pub rest assured you'll still get get some auld p***k at the bar giving it "Mind that programme Blockbusters? Mind the guy that hosted it? Well...."

The ones I know just pretend to play the sax. I knew a few that played piano on the bar as well. Multi-talented.

Steve Evets, the actor who played the lead role in Ken Loach's Looking For Eric, played bass in The Fall. Given that roughly 46% of people from the Manchester area can claim to be ex-Fall members, this is a deeply underwhelming piece of information.

I really shouldn't bother even posting this to be honest.

Steve Evets, the actor who played the lead role in Ken Loach's Looking For Eric, played bass in The Fall. Given that roughly 46% of people from the Manchester area can claim to be ex-Fall members, this is a deeply underwhelming piece of information.

I really shouldn't bother even posting this to be honest.

One can be underwhelmed and overwhelmed by music trivia points, but never simply whelmed.

• 2 weeks later...

It's well known, but for those who don't: Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson moonlights as a commercial airline pilot. He also flew the rest of the band, crew etc on their own jet touring the world.

He flew Rangers to one of their European away games a few years ago.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6354785.stm

Probably quite well-known, but the chap singing "I want my MTV" at the beginning of Money For Nothing by Dire Straits is none other than Sting.

Until now I always thought it was "I want my own TV". :ph34r:

1) The guy singing "fame" in the background of the David Bowie hit is John Lennon. Maybe everyone knows that, I didn't until recently.

2) The most popular song of all time is Blurred Lines. Yep, Blurred Lines.

3) Darude - Sandstorm

1) The guy singing "fame" in the background of the David Bowie hit is John Lennon. Maybe everyone knows that, I didn't until recently.

2) The most popular song of all time is Blurred Lines. Yep, Blurred Lines.

3) Darude - Sandstorm

Le ebin maymay bro Edited by Seymour Skinner

The story behind Queen's Don't Stop Me Now does not much delight me as disturb me. It's still very informative, however. I'd suggest looking it up if you're unaware of the details. I'm unable to provide them as this late hour.

I think that the song is about a rocket and a tiger and it going into space!!!