Stewart Regan

'Magnificent European wins for Aberdeen and St Johnstone last night but nothing beats watching CG with your daughter on her first night in UK' - Basically saying that he prefers watching the CG with his daughter rather than the football. Scum. Subhuman. Scum. Where's my pitchfork?!

It utterly astounds me how dense some people can be. Why the f**k is he still holding any sort of influence within football?

What precisely is wrong with what he said? I wouldn't want him working for the SFA if he thought watching St Johnstone play in Europe was more important than spending time with his own daughter.

What precisely is wrong with what he said? I wouldn't want him working for the SFA if he thought watching St Johnstone play in Europe was more important than spending time with his own daughter.

Looks like the poster saying he should have been at the Saints game, the only way to watch it, has deleted it. What exactly was said?

I think the point is that he spent all of Thursday night tweeting about the Commonwealth games without a single mention of his daughter, then when he's rightly criticised for paying absolutely no attention to Scottish teams he refuses to even acknowledge he's done anything wrong. Instead he puts up a fairly patronising post and suddenly announces he was with his daughter.

I think the point is that he spent all of Thursday night tweeting about the Commonwealth games without a single mention of his daughter, then when he's rightly criticised for paying absolutely no attention to Scottish teams he refuses to even acknowledge he's done anything wrong. Instead he puts up a fairly patronising post and suddenly announces he was with his daughter.

But he hasn't done anything wrong, as far as I can see.

But he hasn't done anything wrong, as far as I can see.

He's meant to be helping the football in this country grow, and is meant to try and help promote it in a positive light. He completely blanked two Scottish clubs beating stronger opponents on the European stage and instead drew attention away from that accomplishment and directed it towards a competition which has nothing to do with football. He could even have just dropped in a small comment but there was literally nothing about it until he get slaughtered for it.

Someone pulled him up about it straight away. He ignored him but commented on a later response about the CG. Didn't seemed to fussed about it. Although within an hour of starting this thread he did comment on Scottish clubs in Europe and felt the need to offer an excuse including his daughter. Maybe he does read this site as Virtual Insanity says. It's disappointing his lack of interest in our game, it's embarrassing when it's made apparent from this account:

@StewartMRegan
Official Twitter Account of the Chief Executive of the Scottish FA
Hampden Park, Glasgow
scottishfa.co.uk

Someone pulled him up about it straight away. He ignored him but commented on a later response about the CG. Didn't seemed to fussed about it. Although within an hour of starting this thread he did comment on Scottish clubs in Europe and felt the need to offer an excuse including his daughter. Maybe he does read this site as Virtual Insanity says. It's disappointing his lack of interest in our game, it's embarrassing when it's made apparent from this account:

@StewartMRegan
Official Twitter Account of the Chief Executive of the Scottish FA
Hampden Park, Glasgow
scottishfa.co.uk

That's one of the points I was just talking about. There are a whole list of things wrong with this and that's one of them. He's used his business account to fulfil a personal agenda which for a start isn't right.

He was also using the Scottish FA account to celebrate a rival country's athletes' winning medals at the expense of the Scottish athletes taking part in the triathlon. No mention of these Scots, from the country Regan and his tweets represent, at all. Not very thoughtful. If he wants to celebrate his Yorkshireness, open a private account.

He's spent the last two weeks tweeting about the Commonwealth Games with minimal mention of football, only really a Scottish woman's side getting mentioned, surprise surprise. There is no mention what so ever of Celtic, Saints, Motherwell or Aberdeen's Euro ties at all despite them having played 8 games in that period resulting in 2 great wins and another team progressing as expected. No commiserations for 'Well. Nothing. These clubs are members of his organisation and are effectively representing it across Europe.

As mentioned, he should've been tweeting about the positive week it's been for Scottish football. It's little wonder these clowns can't get sponsors when all they do is preach negativity. His actions really do nothing to dispel the wide felt opinion that the SFA only really care about Rangers.

Archived