Referee standards this season

Juniorbuff

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you know who you's had. If you've not had Gavin Ross yet then wait til/if you get him! Takes bad refereeing to a whole new level of shitness!

will find out his name and shame him was mental . Beith fans will agree have to say their no 8 is a character our as we were calling him baldy .......? But not bad a player

Do you know who you's had. If you've not had Gavin Ross yet then wait til/if you get him! Takes bad refereeing to a whole new level of shitness!

Gavin Ross has been promoted the the seniors.

will find out his name and shame him was mental . Beith fans will agree have to say their no 8 is a character our as we were calling him baldy .......? But not bad a player

Your referee yesterday was Jordan Stokoe, Now I'm not saying he is a bad referee, its just that I have never seen him have a good game.

Our referee yesterday got swamped after sending off the HOBH manager early doors for throwing a bottle into the ground. He was trying to make a point but that point grew into a millstone and in the end up he blew at 3-3 when there should have been about another 4 mins added time. Just as well as if someone had scored a late winner he would have had his head on a spike next to Jim batters bronze. Looked like a wee guy trying to do the right thing but drowning. How he booked so many but let his lookalike baldy Carl pilkington esque number 8 off card free is a mystery only he can answer... When he stops crying.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Beith and Dalry were lucky enough to have Mr Craig Napier as referee at tonight's game. When the Beith supporters who just watched their team win 7-0 are shouting at the referee for having a bad game......?

And I use the word "bad" because anything stronger will get me into trouble!!

Two players sent off as well as a manager and there wasn't a bad tackle in the game!!!

• 1 month later...

Interesting to see that this afternoon in the East Region Super League there are three games that do not have assistant referees. This is quite farcical at this level of the game and was certainly the case when I checked the appointments lists for the game I am covering at 0930 this morning.

The three home teams that are without are Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange and Fauldhouse.

What is noteworthy is the the LL have seven fixtures today all of which are fully officiated and several of the assistants are guys that usually run the line at Junior games.

If the LL is expanded what will the impact be on the Juniors? Will we see more top flight games in both the East & West with just one official which makes a mockery of a super league.

Another clear indication that the juniors are now seen as a poor relation in comparison to the official tier 5 lowland league. With the lack of officials now in this country this is potentially a serious situation in future years if the amount of available referees continue to decline.

Interesting to see that this afternoon in the East Region Super League there are three games that do not have assistant referees. This is quite farcical at this level of the game and was certainly the case when I checked the appointments lists for the game I am covering at 0930 this morning.

The three home teams that are without are Bonnyrigg, Newtongrange and Fauldhouse.

What is noteworthy is the the LL have seven fixtures today all of which are fully officiated and several of the assistants are guys that usually run the line at Junior games.

If the LL is expanded what will the impact be on the Juniors? Will we see more top flight games in both the East & West with just one official which makes a mockery of a super league.

Another clear indication that the juniors are now seen as a poor relation in comparison to the official tier 5 lowland league. With the lack of officials now in this country this is potentially a serious situation in future years if the amount of available referees continue to decline.

Think the LL have gone with a decision to have every game officiated by teams of three, but still think the clubs cover the cost. Is it down to junior teams to decide when it's their home game and is it the home team pay for ref and both split the costs of linos?

Think the LL have gone with a decision to have every game officiated by teams of three, but still think the clubs cover the cost. Is it down to junior teams to decide when it's their home game and is it the home team pay for ref and both split the costs of linos?

In the league the home team pays for the officials, cup ties it's paid from the gate money before it is split.

Archived