Summerslam 2014

Might be a bit early, but a lot of pointers last night on what to expect for SummerSlam:

matches that look likely/confirmed:

Cena vs Lesnar for WWE H/W Championship

Chris Jericho vs Bray Wyatt mk II

Ambrose vs Rollins (personally buzzing for this one)

Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton

Miz vs Ziggler/Sheamus for IC/Unification title match (I hope they don't go down the Sheamus route and unify the belts)

AJ Lee vs Paige for the Divas championship

The Usos vs Stardust/Goldust OR Harper and Rowan again

Jack Swagger vs Rusev

I'd like to see Cesaro and a few others have some sort of spot on the card as well.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Card I think we're getting:

Brock Lesnar/John Cena - WWEWHC (hopefully no DQ)

Paige/AJ Lee - DIvas Title (hopefully Submission match)

The Miz/Sheamus - Unification Match

Stephanie McMahon/Brie Bella

Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins - Street Fight

Chris Jericho/Bray Wyatt

The Usos/The Wyatts/Stardust+Goldust or two from the Nation of Domination

Jack Swagger/Rusev

Roman Reigns/Randy Orton

Really sucks for Dolph Ziggler and Cesaro but I don't know how they're getting on the card. Some absolute corkers there. In for another tremendous Summerslam if booked correctly.

Card I think we're getting:

Brock Lesnar/John Cena - WWEWHC (hopefully no DQ)

Paige/AJ Lee - DIvas Title (hopefully Submission match)

The Miz/Sheamus - Unification Match

Stephanie McMahon/Brie Bella

Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins - Street Fight

Chris Jericho/Bray Wyatt

The Usos/The Wyatts/Stardust+Goldust or two from the Nation of Domination

Jack Swagger/Rusev

Roman Reigns/Randy Orton

Really sucks for Dolph Ziggler and Cesaro but I don't know how they're getting on the card. Some absolute corkers there. In for another tremendous Summerslam if booked correctly.

Think Stephanie vs Brie is a great shout, I'd be pretty excited if Nikki had some imput in the match and turned heel on her sister, would keep Daniel Bryan/Authority storyline relevant that he can finish off his feud with the authority for good when he returns.

Will be looking forward to this one, Summerslam, Mania and Rumble always produce the goods for me. If the matches go like any of the cards posted from other posters here we are in for a cracker.

I don't see the upside to unifying the IC and US belts. If the WHC was still in play then id be all for getting rid of the US belt but it makes no sense to only have the IC belt for what is a pretty stacked midcard just now. They should have lost the US belt a long time ago but its no use putting it on Sheamus and then getting rid. Hopefully its Miz-Ziggler at SS.

What they should do with the US belt is put it on Rusev. Whilst its a cheap way of getting a little more heat, the whole angle is pretty cheap (although enjoyable nonetheless) and it at least reinstates some relevance to the belt.

I'm all for one midcard title. They can't book anyone with the IC title so hopefully with there just being one title, it'll have a lot more prestige and a pathway to the upper midcard/main event.

Still don't like the idea of merging them. If you look at The Miz as IC champ, it has a purpose right now, and they could put the U.S. Title on Rusev and have two meaningful midcard titles, both for different reasons and both for completely different reasons.

I know that, at times, or even most of the time, it feels like there'd be no difference whether there was one or two midcard titles. Especially with Dean Ambrose and his run. But there's potential in having the pair of them if WWE can get it right. Looks like, right now, they might.

Still don't like the idea of merging them. If you look at The Miz as IC champ, it has a purpose right now, and they could put the U.S. Title on Rusev and have two meaningful midcard titles, both for different reasons and both for completely different reasons.

I know that, at times, or even most of the time, it feels like there'd be no difference whether there was one or two midcard titles. Especially with Dean Ambrose and his run. But there's potential in having the pair of them if WWE can get it right. Looks like, right now, they might.

Agree with that. Give them a bit of attention and they'll be worth something. They're neglected mostly I feel. Build a feud around the titles.

I think the card Waffelz posted will probably be closest to what we get.

A lot of talk about unification for us and ic titles this may sound quite boring but what i would do is have a four way ladder or elimination match with miz/ziggler and sheamus/rusev or if its on raw or smackdown have a 30 minute iron man match for it. Although if unification did happen i would bring back the cruiserweight belt. If they ditched the tv pg rating maybe the hardcore title as well

For anyone wondering, and it's on Smackdown...

Lumberjack match. Ah shit.

No matter the stip, that match is going to be damn fine, and the card is shaping up quite nicely at the moment.

Not too disappointed with the stip, means this probably won't be the big blow off and the feud will carry on to NOC where we might get a cage match or some such.

Not too disappointed with the stip, means this probably won't be the big blow off and the feud will carry on to NOC where we might get a cage match or some such.

I think Hell in a Cell follows Night of Champions too, so they could be 1-1 going into that.

Usos vs RybAxel vs Goldust/Stardust vs Wyatt Family for the tag team titles is a potential match for the Summerslam Kick Off show. This match is very appealing to me, hope they make this happen.

Whilst it does have potential as a match, it's came out of nowhere with zero storyline or build. The Uso's have had no storyline since the last PPV so it doesn't make a great deal of sense. Wyatts have done nothing to suggest they are number one contenders again. Rybaxel haven't won for weeks and even the Rhodes got beat from Slator Gator this week.

All storyline stuff of course, and I have no doubt the four teams would put on a good match, I just wish it 'came from somewhere' rather than just throwing them all together.

Archived