dalbeattie star

Southboundboy

I see Dalbeattie Star have lost there number 1 goalkeeper Darren Martin to a south of Scotland side Lochar Thistle. Big blow to them for this season surely? There manager been in local press recently saying he was best goalkeeper in the league. How will they replace him if this is the case?

Darren left due to a promotion at his work which meant he was unable to play any away games this season. As for a replacement it has been a struggle so far and if we need to start the season with young Euan Drysdale as number one then I am sure he won't let anyone down. Lee Wells moving to Lochar? Don't be silly.

I see Dalbeattie Star have lost there number 1 goalkeeper Darren Martin to a south of Scotland side Lochar Thistle. Big blow to them for this season surely? There manager been in local press recently saying he was best goalkeeper in the league. How will they replace him if this is the case?

Odd one, they finished bottom half.

Any reason?

EDIT: Answered simaltaneously.

Odd one, they finished bottom half.

Any reason?

EDIT: Answered simaltaneously.

as stated, he had work commitments. So decided to go his own way. Good luck to him, we have a replacement, one who is equal if not , could be even better with games under his belt. We will mention no names at this stage

Thanks for clearing that up Ross. Would be surprised also if Lee choose to play with Lochar as I think he will be captain of dalbeattie in the future great player with great attitude but I think one day he will choose to play with his buddy's.

Hibee jibee you obviously don't agree with Dalbeattie managers comments, I rate the goalie very highly but didn't see many of his games last season. They finished 3rd but the way Dalbeattie played they were always going to concede but score more at the other end

Hibee jibee you obviously don't agree with Dalbeattie managers comments, I rate the goalie very highly but didn't see many of his games last season. They finished 3rd but the way Dalbeattie played they were always going to concede but score more at the other end

I'm afraid you've lost me.

I was asking why he'd leave Dalbeattie for Lochar, given Lochar are much weaker, but by the time I'd done so RossO'Neri clarified it was due to work.

New goalie Ross poppadum wrists hyslop? Only keeper going about without a club, he hasn't been playing cause he always gets injured!

Heard they were interested in Ex Annan keeper Craig Summersgill, be unlikely due to weight, injury and travel IMO. Think he lived in Haltwhistle

Aye a heard that rocky, think hissy is last resort. Heard they tried to push boat out and approach wrighty from Gretna and vinnie from Threave, then there was Summersgill, Jack Johnston and Ross Wilson who both recently at St Cuthberts.

Very good keeper and good lad. Shame for the other lad being darrens understudy then he leaves they look to bring in another top keeper and not put confidence in Drysdale.

hey, I'm sure whichever one is performing best will get the shirt. That's the same for whole squad.

Archived