Shipyard workers for Yes

Crùbag

I see that more of Jimmy Reid's old comrades have not let Johan Lamont's assurances of meltdown sway them.

Incredible that having lost tens of thousands of jobs in the last few decades, Labour still say that independence will threaten the fraction that survive.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/open-letter-signed-seven-famous-3889002

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly unrelated but does anyone else notice how the only comment with a terrible rating on that first page is from a No voter?

But of course 62% of the population are voting No apparently so it must be robots providing the upvotes for the other comments.

Slightly unrelated but does anyone else notice how the only comment with a terrible rating on that first page is from a No voter?

But of course 62% of the population are voting No apparently so it must be robots providing the upvotes for the other comments.

Or the older generation that don't use the internet.

Phenomenal.

"We've got higher rated internet comments on a Daily Record article" must be up there with the car window-stickers in the barrel scraping stakes.

Phenomenal.

"We've got higher rated internet comments on a Daily Record article" must be up there with the car window-stickers in the barrel scraping stakes.

Almost as barrel scraping as your "I'm voing yes" comment.

Sycophant.

Sycophant.

I've already made a commitment to this forum, in possible violation of electoral law, to prove to you that I will have voted Yes. Provided there is a legal way to prove it, I will do so. I have nothing to hide.

Phenomenal.

Unsurprising that you're utterly seething about it.

I've already made a commitment to this forum, in possible violation of electoral law, to prove to you that I will have voted Yes. Provided there is a legal way to prove it, I will do so. I have nothing to hide.

That's lovely.

He can write Ad Lib on his hand and take a picture of the ballot sheet. It's illegal though.

It seems the law isn't entirely clear. It may be legal to take a photo but not to disclose it to others until after the poll has closed and been counted.

It seems the law isn't entirely clear. It may be legal to take a photo but not to disclose it to others until after the poll has closed and been counted.

I honestly couldn't give a shit whether you prove what you voted or not, you really aren't that important in my eyes.

Out of interest, why did the Scottish Government award a recent contract for a ferry to a foreign yard (Loch Seaforth in Germany) and the biggest order prior to that went in 2011 to Poland for Finlaggan - how will independence address this issue of competition? Port Glasgow got a couple of wee diddy boats (Hallaig and Lochinvar) but no major construction project.

Out of interest, why did the Scottish Government award a recent contract for a ferry to a foreign yard (Loch Seaforth in Germany) and the biggest order prior to that went in 2011 to Poland for Finlaggan - how will independence address this issue of competition? Port Glasgow got a couple of wee diddy boats (Hallaig and Lochinvar) but no major construction project.

It is EU law that contracts have to be put out to tender EU wide, unless there is a national security issue, as is the case with defence procurement.

It is EU law that contracts have to be put out to tender EU wide, unless there is a national security issue, as is the case with defence procurement.

So on that, how does independence boost shipyard jobs? How many defence-related ships will be built outwith the UK and how many commercial ships can be guaranteed in a competitive market? Glasgow lost its shipyards for a reason.

Sycophant.

Embarrassing he still tries to say he's voting YES tbh

Oh give it a fucking rest. He's right, it was a "bottom of the barrel" comment. He's boring as f**k in this part of the forum but who really cares if he's voting "Yes" or "No"? You can vote "Yes" without being the equivalent of political happy clappers.

So on that, how does independence boost shipyard jobs? How many defence-related ships will be built outwith the UK and how many commercial ships can be guaranteed in a competitive market? Glasgow lost its shipyards for a reason.

I know very little about the issue, but I would assume (wrongly, I'm sure) that an iScotland within the EU has a greater chance of getting shipbuilding contracts than a Scotland within the UK (within the EU)?

So on that, how does independence boost shipyard jobs? How many defence-related ships will be built outwith the UK and how many commercial ships can be guaranteed in a competitive market?

Because, as it stands, the UK Gov has most British Shipyards tied down to BAE and MOD contracts. The Scottish Gov could open up Scottish shipyards to more commercial work.

Archived