Premiership Fantasy Fitba 2014/15

Hello

After the success of the Fantasy Football competition I ran in 2013/14, which was won by St. Johnstone poster "Kyle", I am pleased to introduce the 2014/15 version. This year's competition will be slightly different to last years in that it will be hosted on a website, rather than relying on a series of emails, spreadsheets and scribblings on paper. Moving it onto a website does bring some, small, restrictions which I hope don't ruin anyones gameplay enjoyment.

Whilst there are numerous changes to the way the game is run(with many detailed below) it remains free to enter for anyone who wishes to play.

Scoring:

The scoring system will change slightly for 2014/15 and is listed in the below spoiler:

All players score:

2 points for an appearance(starting or substitute)

2 points for an assist

-3 points for a yellow card

-6 points for a red card

5 points for every man of the match(see note below)*

A Goalkeeper will score:

5 points for a goal scored

6 points for a clean sheet*

-1 point for every goal conceded

A defender will score:

5 points for a goal scored

3 points for a clean sheet*

-1 point for every goal conceded

A midfielder will score:

4 points for a goal scored

A striker will score:

3 points for a goal scored

Man of the match points have not been finalised for the game yet, as this award is subjective.

Defenders must be on the pitch for 30 minutes(excluding any injury time) to qualify for a clean sheet bonus.

Transfers:

Posters who played in last years game will remember that there was 6 transfer windows throughout the season. Due to the game moving online the transfer windows have been abolished and replaced with each team having 40 transfers to use throughout the season. This equates to 1 for each gameweek, with an additional 2 "jokers" for use throughout the season. It is up to each individual player to choose how many transfers you use at any one time, but if you use all 40 by Christmas, you will NOT get any more to see you through to the end of the season.

Transfers need to be made before midnight on the day before a game - so Friday midnight for a game played on a Saturday.

Picking a Team:

Regretfully, I am only able to offer 1 formation for people to select their team; 4-4-2.

You have a transfer budget of 40 stars to assemble your squad. When you click the link for the website(located at the end of the post), you will see that each player has been given a star value between 1 and 5. You have 40 stars available to spend on players. You are able to pick a maximum of 3 players from each SPFL Premiership team.

After the fixtures on 30th/31st August, I shall be switching on automatic Player Star Rating meaning that the stats engine that calculates scores, will automatically change the stars for players week-on-week dependent on the points they have scored and their form.

Notes:

Mini leagues. You can create mini league's on the website allowing you to compete against friends and workmates in your own private battle.

Aberdeen Fans Mini-League: 1062-AB632B819920

Kilmarnock Fans Mini-League: 1063-88DA109FF9AE

If there are any players for your team that I have missed and should be available for selection then simply suggest them on this thread and I'll update the game.

The valuations are made based on last years score. Where someone had a poor season they could be able to be acquired as a bargain.

There will be weekly automated E-Mail bulletins sent out when the scores are run through. To switch these off go to the team selection screen, team details and uncheck the box.

There is a limit of 200 players in this Fantasy Football league. If the league fills up quickly a second league may be created.

Only league games are eligible for points. Cup games do NOT count.

If you have any problems registering or any other questions simply pop them in here and I'll do my best to answer them. If you can register no problem then that'd also be nice to know!

SLJ

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive just signed up too, excellent idea.

Forster (celtic)

Watson (dabs) Konrad (dundee) Mcmanus (motherwell) Easton (saints)

Harkins (dundee) Robson (aberdeen) Commons (celtic) Ainsworth (motherwell)

Tankulic (dundee) Bilate (dabs)

possibly take a midfielder out for a proper goalscorer but not sure.

Kyle Letheren

Russell Anderson

Virgil Van Dijk

Thomas Konrad

Stevie Hammell

Scott Brown

Stuart Armstrong

Keith Lasley

Gary Teale

Luka Tankulic

Leigh Griffiths.

Are people forgetting that Celtic don't play the first weekend?

With 40 transfers over the season it would make sense to bring in a couple later on rather than essentially only have at most 8 or 9 players getting any points on the first weekend.

With 40 transfers over the season it would make sense to bring in a couple later on rather than essentially only have at most 8 or 9 players getting any points on the first weekend.

A very good point, I'd forgotten that, first of many reshuffles on the way !

Why are you giving that caveat away!?

I've taken out my 3 celtic players for match day 1 and replaced them with other 4/5 star players because of this.

Archived