Passionate Rock Song for Independence

Ashim

Greetings!

I'm brand new here and would like to introduce myself.

I'm a scottish musician who lives at the moment outside of the UK.

I was being asked a lot by the locals here (in germany) about my opinion on the referendum and was not really committed....until...

...that message by Mr. Bowie via Ms. Moss at the Brit Awards.

I have always loved Bowie and his music but was gutted to see him using his popularity to promote a political agenda.

Made me feel sick.

So, I wrote a song as a sort of reply to his "stay with us scotland" announcement.

Here it is. Hope you like it - if not there are plenty of others too.

Thank you.

Thats me convinced.

Usually a fan of your sarcy bass comments but give the guy a break he's went to the effort of writing a song and is sharing it here for people to see, no need! :lol:

Thanks for the song, Iron Sky by Paulo Nutini is about Indy, it's pretty good.

Better than Flower of Scotland. Can ye post the lyrics up Ashim?

Aye.

Been a long time in our history
Denied our freedom and our liberty
Gonna make a stand on that day
For self determination and sovereignty
This time, UK, we're gonna break it
I hope you can take it
Funny thing on the news today
Crying polititians because we won't stay
Ok, we say, we're gonna break it
I hope that we make it
Time to say goodbye to the rest of the UK
I hope we take it
Since...
Seventeen-o-seven-o
Seven-o
Seventeen-o-seven-o
In September on the eighteenth day
We decide if we go or stay
Bonnie Prince Charlie is coming out to play
Dissnae matter what Bowie says
Ok, UK, we're gonna take it
I hope that we break it
After 300 years of empire rule
Lets not forsake it
Seventeen-o-seven-o........................................................
I've loved you since I've known ya,
Free, free, free Caledonia.

Is it? When did Paulo say that?

Pretty much every review picked up on it. But don't you worry pet, he hasn't outright said it so you probably don't need to burn your posters just yet.

No voter with head in sand shocker

So he hasn't said it?

Nice to know you know you can speak for him though. Head in the clouds more than head in the sand :lol:

So he hasn't said it?

Nice to know you know you can speak for him though. Head in the clouds more than head in the sand :lol:

So unless he actually says "this is a song about Scottish Independence", you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge any connection?

Aye, good yin, champ.

So unless he actually says "this is a song about Scottish Independence", you steadfastly refuse to acknowledge any connection?

Aye, good yin, champ.

When did I refuse to acknowledge any connection? It could be a song about independence, it could have nothing to do with independence. There's no clear links in the lyrics to the referendum that's for sure.

Unless Paulo clarifies the meaning, it will be open to interpretation.

What the young Facebook lad said was not ' I think it's about independence ', which would have been fair enough. He said it was about independence.

When did I refuse to acknowledge any connection? It could be a song about independence, it could have nothing to do with independence. There's no clear links in the lyrics to the referendum that's for sure.

Unless Paulo clarifies the meaning, it will be open to interpretation.

What the young Facebook lad said was not ' I think it's about independence ', which would have been fair enough. He said it was about independence.

Fair do's, gorgeous x

No offence to the OP but it seems a bit childish to base your opinions on being the opposite of what someone else thinks.

"David Bowie wants me to vote No so I'm voting Yes"

Bit strange.

Liked the song though :)

No offence to the OP but it seems a bit childish to base your opinions on being the opposite of what someone else thinks.

Bit strange.

I agree with you here Mr Bairn but sometimes its the 'last straw' kind of thing. The arguments build and swirl about in your head and then some wee thing just flicks a switch.

The brain doesn't always follow rational, logical patterns.

Bit strange.

Na, it was not just that. Sure it was the catalyst but not the underlying reason.

The empire does not play by the rules - it makes them.

I'm pretty sure that Mr. Bowie and many others are given their marching orders and are under obligation to deliver, be it a comment, speech, newpaper column etc.

We (the general public) tend to be conditioned to accept authority and it's 'star system' of talking heads, politicians, cabal controlled 'celebs' etc.

Many folks on this planet have not yet taken the conscious choice to exercise their sovereignty and free will - so when 'key words' are uttered by establishment figures they respond in their conditioned way.

Fear is the card that they play - almost always works.

Just now, folks are starting to become aware that they are being manipulated by fear mongering. Can see it as the 'yes' vote gains momentum.

It is becoming increasingly difficult for the 'no' camp to promote their agenda without stepping up the fear level.

We have seen this development in the course of the last year or so.

My song is not just a knee jerk reaction to a singers public statement but the release of deeply felt conviction and the attempt to balance the negativity and fear with hope and the vision of a positive future.

Thanks for your comments.

Archived