Queen of the South vs Livingston

palmy_cammy

The return of competitive football to Palmerston sees the visit of Livingston for the newly re-branded Petrofrac Training Cup.

According to Friday's Standard Kerr, Burns and Mitchell are all carrying injuries in addition to long-term absentee McKenna. There's a strong case to be made for all 4 being certain starters. I'd certainly expect 3 of the 4 to start when available so that is a big blow so early in the season.

I'm not sure of the goalkeeper situation for this one. I've no problem with Atkinson deputising until Clark returns, particularly in this Cup which is bottom of the priority pile. I would think there is a strong chance Saturday's starting line-up will be the one we go with for this game. The only changes I can think of would be Fowler to step into central midfield and Lyle to come in to partner Baird. Is it fair to say Baird will be our main striker this season? His form in pre-season certainly augurs well. If this proves to be the case it's very harsh on Reilly. I'm yet to see Baird in a Queens shirt but my impression of him from seeing him against us is that he is a similar player to Reilly. I'm not sure how a partnership of the two of them would work.

Despite the views of the majority of our fans, I still think Lyle has a role to play but I think it will be mainly from the bench.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty meh game against Livi seeing as we have another 4 to play. Their squad doesn't look like world beaters but they should be pretty stuffy with McGlynn in charge.

as Cammy said our depth at CM is pretty thin atm and the player that we do have aren't the fastest so I don't think there is too much room for manoeuvre tactically but I couldn't care less about this competition at this stage of the season so McIntyre could play Danny in goals as far as I'm

concerned.

1-0 Queens

The return of competitive football to Palmerston sees the visit of Livingston for the newly re-branded Petrofrac Training Cup.

According to Friday's Standard Kerr, Burns and Mitchell are all carrying injuries in addition to long-term absentee McKenna. There's a strong case to be made for all 4 being certain starters. I'd certainly expect 3 of the 4 to start when available so that is a big blow so early in the season.

I'm not sure of the goalkeeper situation for this one. I've no problem with Atkinson deputising until Clark returns, particularly in this Cup which is bottom of the priority pile. I would think there is a strong chance Saturday's starting line-up will be the one we go with for this game. The only changes I can think of would be Fowler to step into central midfield and Lyle to come in to partner Baird. Is it fair to say Baird will be our main striker this season? His form in pre-season certainly augurs well. If this proves to be the case it's very harsh on Reilly. I'm yet to see Baird in a Queens shirt but my impression of him from seeing him against us is that he is a similar player to Reilly. I'm not sure how a partnership of the two of them would work.

Despite the views of the majority of our fans, I still think Lyle has a role to play but I think it will be mainly from the bench.

I dont think theres any doubt that Baird is our number one striker. I dont see any issue with him and Reilly playing together, though. I would certainly expect Reilly to start more games than Lyle this season.

I'm glad that we have been slightly out there with a few of our signings because based on the Arbroath game, we have a squad that will cause a few surprises this season.

We look to be more solid than last season due to the addition of Gallagher and should Ogleby start to finish his chances, we'll be comfortably mid-table pushing upwards.

I think we'll lose 1-0 but if they are missing players, I'd hope we give a good game and get to extra-time.

Not much to say at this stage as I've no idea how we'll do against a Championship team. Hoping McKenna will be able to handle the step up as he looks an exciting player, same with Hippolyte, both look like they could cause teams problems.

So , queens have players out, we have few defenders out injured. And a GK injured.

Calum Antell will probably be on the bench for us...

Which defenders and do you expect many of you to make the trip down the road?

Bradley Donaldson, had blood poisoning after first game , at spartans tournament.

Talbot, think knee injury, but he's suspended anyway.

Mensing, long term injury.

Which defenders and do you expect many of you to make the trip down the road?

Will be keeping an eye on things from my phone while enjoying a few cocktails in what is hopefully another sunny day in Edinburgh. Important that we show character and look threatening, moreso than perhaps winning the game.

Well that was annoying.

I only made it in for extra time, but didn't think we looked up to much. Finishing the game with ten men won't have helped, but I don't think it was decisive.

I'm guessing we must have performed better earlier on, but on the evidence of what I saw, we can't have many complaints about the outcome.

Well that was annoying.

I only made it in for extra time, but didn't think we looked up to much. Finishing the game with ten men won't have helped, but I don't think it was decisive.

I'm guessing we must have performed better earlier on, but on the evidence of what I saw, we can't have many complaints about the outcome.

We were fairly comfortable at 2-0. The longer the game went on the worse we played, especially at the back. Defensively we were all over the place for all four goals.

Livingston looked better than I expected, given the players theyve lost, but I wouldnt read too much into the final result. We missed Baird badly and with McKenna, Burns and Kerr all missing we were woefully short of options in midfield.

Archived