Arbroath v Forfar Athletic (Thank You)

Three of us came up to Scotland and took in this game as well as the game at Falkirk on Friday and Stirling Albion today.

As usual the hospitality and the welcome we received from all was just what we have now come to expect on our trips north of the border. Particular thanks at Arbroath go to the lads we met in the bar pre and post match including the Bristol Rovers supporting stadium announcer and the Arbroath/Wolves fan. The gentlemen and young lady we spent most of the match talking to (the pies were indeed superb so thanks for the recommendation), the bloke who took our photograph for us, the Forfar fans we met in the Spoons later on, the young Sunderland fan from Arbroath we met in the pub, the lads we met in a few other pubs in town and pretty much everyone we met really. We also got a free feed courtesy of the directors left overs being brought into the bar (more of the aforementioned quality pies) which meant we did not need to go for a carry out and could spend the rest of the evening doing what evenings away are intended for. :unsure2:

Its a bit surreal getting our names read out over the tannoy and that was a first for us (although believe it or not it happened again today at Forthbank!!)

Re the match I thought your ground is great. The place has real character and reeks of history which I love and the pitch was superb and I think we all had a few longing thoughts for the old days back at Roker Park which was also close to the sea and often 'benefited' from weather like yesterdays game. I also thought your team played some canny football and deserved to win on the day although I hope the Arbroath fans will forgive us for hoping Forfar would score another at the end if only for the comedy value of an Arbroath 3 Forfar 4 result!!

Top day out, despite the weather, and we will remember it and you all fondly and pass on good tales about our day out and both clubs and their fans and I hope we can get back again at some point.

Best of luck for the coming season to both clubs.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!! Gayfield is a fantastic lower league ground, would've been good if you could of enjoyed a competitive game and a bit of sunshine too but glad you lads enjoyed it.

Believe me mate, we thoroughly enjoyed it. The game was a six goal thriller and lacked nothing for being a friendly and the weather is never a problem its just that you are wearing the wrong clothes.

We stayed in Arbroath till the 9pm train and then went back to Carnoustie where we were camping and visited a few hostelries (pretty much every one ;)). The hospitality there was at the same high level we received in Arbroath and my mate gave his shirt away to a lass who was originally from Sunderland and married a local lad and now loves in Carnoustie. Thankfully for us and for her, he also had a spare T-shirt with him.

We had a much later than planned start this morning for some strange reason :rolleyes:

Glad you had a good time Roker Rover, I was the Arbroath fan who had a quick chat with you as Forfar made it 3-3!

Haste ye back...

Glad you had a good time Roker Rover, I was the Arbroath fan who had a quick chat with you as Forfar made it 3-3!

Haste ye back...

Was good to meet you mate. Hope you have a good season and I will happily come back.

What he failed to tell is that he woke up in a panic on Saturday morning after a night out in Falkirk, to find he had lost his coat containing his wallet with all his money, cards and condoms(out of date) only to find it 10 minutes later under the pillow of the top bunk, about 1 minute before we left the hotel(fleapit)

Pishhead.

Archived