East fife v Forfar

Bogs_Dollox

Will be interesting to see how we lineup, so many options. How have East Fife faired in pre season so far? I like Gary Naysmith so hopefully they bounce back this year.

Douglas

Baxter Dunlop Malcolm Streeves

Hilson Young Husband Denholm

Swankie Templeman

Pre season has been pretty decent. Some decent performances against Fulham, St Johnstone and Hearts. We beat Hamilton on Saturday too.

We have a squad thats more than capable of contending at the top of the First Division never mind the Second. Never easy vs Forfar so i expect a close game on Sat.

Fleming

Fraser Mullen - Steven Campbell - Ewan Moyes - Scott Smith

Caolan McAleer - Alan Walker - Jamie Beaton - Alan Cook

--------Jon McShane - Kevin Smith

Will be interesting to see how we lineup, so many options. How have East Fife faired in pre season so far? I like Gary Naysmith so hopefully they bounce back this year.

Douglas

Swankie Templeman

Hilson needs to be played as a striker imo, otherwise he's wasted out wide.

Douglas

Swankie Templeman

No no no!

Get templeman out of that team . He slows down the play whenever we attack.

Douglas

Baxter. Malcolm. Dods. Steeves

Kader. Husband. Young. Denholm

Hilson. Swankie

How do you boys rate Ross Campbell? Scored a hat-trick tonight for us. Looked pretty decent. Knows where the goals are. Against Leven Utd right enough... :P

He's pish. No first touch and guaranteed yellow card

He is absolutely not pish.

Ross scored a barrowload of goals in his first two seasons in the 3rd division, he then struggled to establish himself in the team when we were promoted which resulted in him playing slightly deaper.

He's far better as a striker and will score if he gets the chances but can be slightly unorthodox. All in all, should be a decent aquisition in League 2.

How do you boys rate Ross Campbell? Scored a hat-trick tonight for us. Looked pretty decent. Knows where the goals are. Against Leven Utd right enough... :P

Will always give 100% and will be guaranteed to score if he plays Saturday. Play him as a striker and he's fine, play him deeper and he's not up to it.

He is absolutely not pish.

Ross scored a barrowload of goals in his first two seasons in the 3rd division, he then struggled to establish himself in the team when we were promoted which resulted in him playing slightly deaper.

He's far better as a striker and will score if he gets the chances but can be slightly unorthodox. All in all, should be a decent aquisition in League 2.

He was pish the last 2 seasons with us . Regardless of position

Pre season has been pretty decent. Some decent performances against Fulham, St Johnstone and Hearts. We beat Hamilton on Saturday too.

We have a squad thats more than capable of contending at the top of the First Division never mind the Second. Never easy vs Forfar so i expect a close game on Sat.

Fleming

Michael

Think you'll find that probably Ross Brown or possibly Lewis Barr will be chosen ahead of Jamie Beaton.

We have a squad thats more than capable of contending at the top of the First Division never mind the Second.

Fleming

:lol:

I really hope we sign Ross Campbell, we lack a real focal point as I wouldn't say Smith or Austin are out and out goalscorers. McShane looks decent though and atleast we will have 4 options.

We will be a completely different side to last season and I think out squad is stronger. Nice to kick things off with Forfar it has been ages since we last played.

................. Fleming ....................

Mullen.. Campbell.. Moyes.. Smith

McAleer.. Brown.. Walker.. Beaton

........... Campbell.. McShane

You'd think you weren't aloud an opinion on a public message board these days.

Dear sammy, If indeed Brown or Barr are selected in front of Beaton then you are the better man. You win at life. Well done.

Dear Rovers Lad. You seen the standard of the first division? Not saying we'd win the league. Top 6 Easily.

Well that was disappointing to say the least anyway

Sorry, but I can't agree at all!!!

Thought it was an excellent performance and that we should have been at least 4-0 up by half time, seemed to sit back a bit after Forfar scored, need to get rid of that, that was one of the major failings from last season!!!

But all in all, good win, through to the next round and good start to the season!!!

Pleased with our start to season. Thought we should have been out of sight but Forfar came back at us and we appeared to get nervous and sit too deep when Forfar scored. 1st game of the season though and pleased to be in the next round of the diddy cup. Hearts away next round please. Mon the Fife!

Good first hour from us but we needed the 3rd goal to put the tie to bed. Unfortunately the next counter went to Forfar and this galvanised them.

We probably deserved the victory over the piece.

I always try to give credit to the visitors so plaudits to Dale Hilson. I'd take him at Bayview. Darren Young will be a decent signing for them as well.

Encouraging start for East Fife. I don't think we'll be easily outmuscled this season. Steven Campbell was the man of the match by a Scottish country mile, read the game brilliantly from start to finish...

Archived