• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always used to have a snigger at "give us a D" "D" "give us a D" "D""give us a D" "D""give us a D" "D""give us a D" "D""give us a D" "D""give us a D" "D" "what've you got?" "D,D,D,D,D,D,D"

Or "We all live in a communist housing scheme, a communist housing scheme, a communist housing scheme " to the tune of Yellow Submarine, when playing Queens Park, especially at Hampden, although I wasn't a good enough lateral thinker to understand why on that one.

I liked the one the Swiss boys sang at the end of last season

what? tobe-tobe-tobe-tobe-tobelerone (to the tune of "Barbara Ann) or "Alps! I need somebody" or "Geneva Jeanie" or "Berne Free" or "Money Money Money in the Zurich man's world" or "Lucerne in the sky with diamonds" or "Highway to Helvetica" or "You've got to Heidi your love away" or anything by Olivia Neutral-John etc.

Does anyone remember the 70s song which began with "if I had the wings of a sparrow" and progressed to making disparaging comments about natives of Clydebank?

Or (to the tune of Bonzo Dog Dooda Band's Urban Spaceman) "We're the mental Sonsteam baby we've got class - mental ya bass!"

Not that I'm advocating a return to these unenlightened days............

Or (to the tune of Bonzo Dog Dooda Band's Urban Spaceman) "We're the mental Sonsteam baby we've got class - mental ya bass!"

I remember that one. As I recall we stole it from the mental Hibees.

Does anyone remember the 70s song which began with "if I had the wings of a sparrow" and progressed to making disparaging comments about natives of Clydebank?

I remember that one, and another which was sung around the same era.......

Said Bertie Mee to Bill Shankly

"Have you heard of the boys from Highbury?"

The Shank said "no, I don't think so,

but have you heard of the mental Sons Team?"

Can't quite remember the name of the original tune, though......

Younger Sons fans could maybe try to Google Bill Shankly, Bertie Mee and Highbury. :-)

A timeless classic and a personal favourite of mine. Popular with the Clyde fans, who refer to Hamilton when they sing it.

A timeless classic and a personal favourite of mine. Popular with the Clyde fans, who refer to Hamilton when they sing it.

The chorus is a particular classic

"Shiiiiiiiiite on, shiiiiiiiite on,

and shite on the b*****ds below, below.

Shiiiiiiiiite on, shiiiiiiiite on,

and shite on the b*****ds below!"

:)

The chorus is a particular classic

"Shiiiiiiiiite on, shiiiiiiiite on,

and shite on the b*****ds below, below.

Shiiiiiiiiite on, shiiiiiiiite on,

and shite on the b*****ds below!"

:)

Yup, it's a belter. Think it's been used by every team in the UK at some point, but most fitba songs have been so that's not in any way a critiscism.

Singing it at Somerset park when Killie played Ayr in the Scottish Cup was enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived