More spin from the right wing media..

I refuse to increase the ratings of any of those organisations by clicking on their links, so can someone tell me the rough basis of them?

DM/TG - Evil Scottish Nationalists will attack the poor defenceless English athletes. No direct quotes or named sources you understand, all "an insider has revealed" and "several athletes are known" stuff.

As for the DE? Well you should take a wild stab in the dark. If you guessed that evil African immigrants pretending to be althetes have run away into the Scottish countryside to claim benefits and raise the house prices in Chelsea and Kensington then you'd be about right.

DM/TG - Evil Scottish Nationalists will attack the poor defenceless English athletes. No direct quotes or named sources you understand, all "an insider has revealed" and "several athletes are known" stuff.

As for the DE? Well you should take a wild stab in the dark. If you guessed that evil African immigrants pretending to be althetes have run away into the Scottish countryside to claim benefits and raise the house prices in Chelsea and Kensington then you'd be about right.

Project Fear indeed. The Mail and Express are vile papers read by odious people.

Roughly 3.2 million? (combined UK readership), not much of a generalisation!? :rolleyes:

Yes. People who read the Daily Express and Daily Mail are odious cretins. To a man.

Who even gives a f**k about the Commonwealth games anyway.

Not many, given the number of Athletes who have already or intend to pull out, which is a shame given the planning and resource that has gone into it.

Project Fear indeed.

Is it really though?

Do you not think it may be true that English athletes are worried about be booed at the Commonwealth Games?

I mean, the person who started this thread reckons it's just "spin". However, the person who started this thread also thinks Unionists should leave Scotland after a Yes vote. Ironic, isn't it? With that level of hatred, why is it crazy to assume athletes may be booed?

anybody who reads any of the above, only does it to find something to be angry about, may I suggest you alter your reading habits, these 3 are appalling

I don't read the DM, TG or DE. These were shared on social media and I thought I'd pass them on as the stories seemed to have avoided hitting the Scottish media outlets.

Do you not think it may be true that English athletes are worried about be booed at the Commonwealth Games?

No, it's clearly not true otherwise they would have used valid sources and names, instead it's a fluff piece.

Do I think that some English athletes will get booed? Not in particular. I reckon the "national anthem" will get it large, but then that's understandable considering the loathsome denizens of Ibrox have tried to associate it with their hateful brand of politics and religion. They have made it a point of dislike, not the English.

That said, it's Hampden, I can give you numerous occasions when English athletes have been booed there.

Is it really though?

I mean, the person who started this thread reckons it's just "spin". However, the person who started this thread also thinks Unionists should leave Scotland after a Yes vote. Ironic, isn't it? With that level of hatred, why is it crazy to assume athletes may be booed?

Great idea.

Let's fling more shite at the Yes campaign for something which MAY happen.

Project Fear +1.

I don't read the DM, TG or DE. These were shared on social media and I thought I'd pass them on as the stories seemed to have avoided hitting the Scottish media outlets.

No, it's clearly not true otherwise they would have used valid sources and names, instead it's a fluff piece.

Do I think that some English athletes will get booed? Not in particular. I reckon the "national anthem" will get it large, but then that's understandable considering the loathsome denizens of Ibrox have tried to associate it with their hateful brand of politics and religion. They have made it a point of dislike, not the English.

That said, it's Hampden, I can give you numerous occasions when English athletes have been booed there.

England don't use GSTQ as our anthem at the Commonwealth games. And even if we did, booing it would be pretty pisspoor behaviour tbh.

England don't use GSTQ as our anthem at the Commonwealth games. And even if we did, booing it would be pretty pisspoor behaviour tbh.

Surprised GSTQ isn't used, after all this is the Commonwealth Games if ever there was a time it would be relevant. I see they use Jerusalem now. Nice enough, bit dull, that said it beats the dirge that is Flower of Scotland. In terms of our anthem I always liked Highland Cathedral but it doesn't really suit a "singalong" like FoS does, plus HC was written by a German! In fact out of all the domestic national anthems the Welsh wins by a fucking landslide. I've got no connection with Wales at all but hearing that sung at a packed sporting event gets the hairs standing up on the back of my neck, God knows what it does to the Welsh!

As for booing GSTQ, as a republican and considering it's grubby overtones in association I have no issue at all booing it. I find it a repulsive glorification of empire and elitism.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with the third article?

Technically nothing, it is a little funny they are making a big deal about it though. Interestingly despite these guys being found no reciprocal story has appeared.

Of course the DE's scaremongering knows no bounds...

express.png

Roughly 3.2 million? (combined UK readership), not much of a generalisation!? :rolleyes:

So you're obviously supportive of their fear mongering pish then? If you can't find your way to criticise the British press given the classic headlines like the one above you make yourself look like you're supporting them. This line that the independence referendum is fed by a hatred of the English is being perpetuated by people like Paxman and what seems to be a majority of the British press. If anyone is creating divisions it's them. They're so out of the loop because they can't even be bothered to ask why Scotland is voting on the issue an just spew out xenophobic pish instead, because sensationalist fear mongering nonsense sells papers. Paxman however does not have an excuse. I thought he may just have found a wee bit of humility after finding out he comes from poor stock and crying like a baby after finding out his granny was from the slums in the Gorbals, but obviously his arrogance and pride are too strong for that.

Archived