James Glen Memorial Trophy - Kilbirnie tournament

glensmad

Looking forward to getting the matches started again on Saturday, and the Kilbirnie tournament is always a good weekend, we're grateful for the invite once again.

Dalry Thistle v Rutherglen Glencairn kicks off the tournament at 1pm on Saturday, with hosts Kilbirnie Ladeside v Kilwinning Rangers at 3pm, two good games to look forward to. The Sunday matches are the same times, 1pm and the final at 3pm.

The Glens have a few players still on holiday and few injured or working, so we won't be able to read too much into our team selections this weekend, and we'll probably have a couple of our u21 squad with us, but it will be a good exercise nonetheless.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Kilbirnie are shaping up this season. Hopefully the sun will shine again like last year. :pepsi:2cool

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forecast ain't the best for the weekend but here's hopin

We will have a few trialists out as well over the weekend so looking to see if anyone impresses

Got a christening on Sunday so just gonna make the Saturday which is a lot better than last year as a was working all weekend

Looking forward to getting the matches started again on Saturday, and the Kilbirnie tournament is always a good weekend, we're grateful for the invite once again.

Dalry Thistle v Rutherglen Glencairn kicks off the tournament at 1pm on Saturday, with hosts Kilbirnie Ladeside v Kilwinning Rangers at 3pm, two good games to look forward to. The Sunday matches are the same times, 1pm and the final at 3pm.

The Glens have a few players still on holiday and few injured or working, so we won't be able to read too much into our team selections this weekend, and we'll probably have a couple of our u21 squad with us, but it will be a good exercise nonetheless.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Kilbirnie are shaping up this season. Hopefully the sun will shine again like last year. :pepsi:2cool

R U going to get your boots on if short of players

R U going to get your boots on if short of players

Lol, I had that chance on the Sunday last year because we only had 12 players, but knocked it back. I retired at Whitletts after my 10 minutes of glory. :thumsup2

Don't ask him that ffs. A wanna watch some of the game ha ha

haha that's poor show mate he just as bad as big nose lets be honest!! Who else you know that been rattled with ball twice in one game for not paying attention to the game

haha that's poor show mate he just as bad as big nose lets be honest!! Who else you know that been rattled with ball twice in one game for not paying attention to the game

Colin knows am only at the wind up

Ha ha Moore scored 3 goals last season & he missed every 1 of them lol

Closer than it sounds. Dalry keeper sent off when forward ran into/tripped over him. Third goal was from a free kick that a regular keeper would have saved. Dalry had two stonewall penalties turned down and rattled the bar with a free kick. Good pre season game from a young Dalry side.

Closer than it sounds. Dalry keeper sent off when forward ran into/tripped over him. Third goal was from a free kick that a regular keeper would have saved. Dalry had two stonewall penalties turned down and rattled the bar with a free kick. Good pre season game from a young Dalry side.

I'd agree with most of that. Full report later this evening. A very competitive game for the first pre-season match.

Kilbirnie Ladeside 2 Kilwinning Rangers 2.

Kilbirnie Ladeside won on penalty kicks.

Tomorrow's games:-

Dalry Thistle v Kilwinning Rangers (1pm)

Kilbirnie Ladeside v Rutherglen Glencairn (3pm)

Not there today but sounds like it has been a good work-out for both sides

I only saw the first half hour of Kilbirnie v Kilwinning, but the Buffs missed some great chances before they did take the lead. Kilbirnie's first equaliser was a belter, but their goalie sold the jerseys for Buffs' second goal. I was gone by the time the second equaliser went in, but Buffs were giving as good as they were getting up till I left.

I only saw the first half hour of Kilbirnie v Kilwinning, but the Buffs missed some great chances before they did take the lead. Kilbirnie's first equaliser was a belter, but their goalie sold the jerseys for Buffs' second goal. I was gone by the time the second equaliser went in, but Buffs were giving as good as they were getting up till I left.

The second equaliser was a peach, Mr strain and Mr Guinness penalties well let's just say still looking for the balls lol

Archived