Season tickets

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The £190 works out at £32 a game. I think that's decent value for England, Germany and Ireland but they're ripping it for Georgia and Gibraltar at that price.

Agreed, as I sit in the West Stand I'm not as angry as others, but the £250 is absolutely outrageous.

I can imagine the SFA were rubbing their hands together when Germany won last night, as it gives them a tiny amount of justification towards their scalping.

I usually sit in the North, and talking amongst the people I usually go with, I doubt any of us will get a season ticket, but that's only part of the problem. The season ticket represents a saving (of £15, so not much) but both options are ridiculously overpriced. I know it's unlikely they could work it, but there should be a sliding scale of prices for games. Germany you could maybe justify £45, but Gibraltar and Georgia? No offence to them, but it's not a big draw. They seem to be gambling on us being in contention come those games. The Poland and Gibraltar games could very well be dead rubbers as far as we're concerned, so to say they're charging £45 is pretty cheeky. And they won't be able to reduce those prices later on for fear of uproar from those who've been duped into a season ticket.

All in all, a spectacular fail from the SFA. I want to go to all the games, but I'll buy game to game on the chance that something comes up and means I can't go.

I can imagine the SFA were rubbing their hands together when Germany won last night, as it gives them a tiny amount of justification towards their scalping.

Nah, they already knew that Germany would be world champions. Drawing us is a guaranteed world cup win for the top seeds, just ask Spain and Italy.

Can't afford those prices. I would maybe go for the cheapest ticket, but the view behind the goals at Hampden is absolutely chronic. Will be picking and choosing my games. At those prices, I'll be surprised if I get to more than two.

Shocking been going to most games home and away since 2003 and this really is pushing me to consider refusing to attend any home games and certainly not attend the england game at those prices on a Tuesday night. A 40% rise in a time when many people are struggling, when was the last time anyone had a payrise above inflation? £45 to see Scotland v Gibraltar, £60 for a friendly against the worst England team in years. I am really angry at how they are treating supporters who have backed a team for years packing stadiums for many games in a period when the team have failed to deliver. Regan out, SFA GTF!!!

Eh....£35 discount? If you're in the Supporters Club the discount is £15. 5 games at a massive £2 and £5 for the England game.

Our game is a shambles and we're being pissed on from a great height by these people.

The real kicker here seems to be the England friendly which has somehow been ranked of greater stature than the actual qualifiers, and worse still has been shoehorned into the season ticket package with no opt-out option. Of course I'm hoping we win the game and I'm sure it would be a great one to go to, but it's hard to see the fixture as anything other than a poorly disguised con.

Keep the fucking friendly matches out of it and maybe then with reasonable prices you'd have an attractive package to offer to SSC members, in turn giving people more of an incentive to go and actually buy a membership. The prices listed are just unreasonably extortionate for both members and non-members.

If you don't like the prices then don't pay them. If you pay them then you fully deserve to be ripped off.

That's a very simplistic argument. Folk have already paid a membership for the Supporters Club, and I doubt many of them would have expected a hike of as much as 40% per game for the season ticket. That leaves the members who don't go to away games in a fairly difficult position in terms of justifying their initial outlay.

Good response from the sfa on this. Sarcastically Asking what people think a fair price is, saying that German prices can't be thrown in their face as the situations aren't comparable then in the same sentence compares Scotland's pricing to that of the Irish for qualifiers.

I was planning on only buying tickets on a match by match basis. My concern is that because Season Ticket purchasers are entitled to buy an additional two tickets for either a qualifier or the England match that when it comes time for the individual match tickets to go on sale on Aug 12th that the England match could be sold out. Any thoughts?

I was planning on only buying tickets on a match by match basis. My concern is that because Season Ticket purchasers are entitled to buy an additional two tickets for either a qualifier or the England match that when it comes time for the individual match tickets to go on sale on Aug 12th that the England match could be sold out. Any thoughts?

Yes, dont worry about it, ALL SSC members will be given first dibs on buying, any remainder will then be offered to ST holders before going on any public sale, its a smart idea considering we have Ireland and England to be fair.

Good response from the sfa on this. Sarcastically Asking what people think a fair price is, saying that German prices can't be thrown in their face as the situations aren't comparable then in the same sentence compares Scotland's pricing to that of the Irish for qualifiers.

When doing a comparison, did they look to see how much the FAI charge every two years in order to get first refusal on tickets?

If that's the SFA answer then it smacks of two things - 1. Arrogance, and 2. A deep rooted realisation, never to be admitted, that they have it wrong.

Archived