West Super League Premier Division

meadowx1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wee second half fight back from Shotts today ,the 2nd goal just at halftime well I thought that was it but 2nd half was all shotts ,ref was shocking and linesman was just as bad .Happy with the point but we need striker

Went up 2.0 & decided to sit back & invite Shotts onto us. Not even trying to hit on the counter attack & got punished for it.

LADESIDE

Will your manager be with you next season no matter what league your playing in?

I reckon the double header between the Bankies and blasties will go a long way in deciding who goes down.

Although we all have big games ahead.

A double header against the ford, next game home versus the Medda. Throw in away to Troon and the Lie. Hee haw easy for anyone.

Who knows . Personally think it's time for a change but a don't decide these things

LADESIDE

Never had you down that end of the table this season. Surely time for a change at the end of the season.

It now looks like Talbot are going to win their third title on the trot, yes it is possible Hurlford could catch and over take Auchinleck but I think Hurlford's back log of games will see them come unstuck.

If truth be told this season's league campaign has been pretty dire the standard has been shocking probably as bad as its ever been a lot of teams are on a par with each other but that doesn't make it a good league. Talbot are the best of a bad lot junior football like every other grade of football in Scotland is at an all time low and sadly it will only get worse over the coming seasons, because we don't have the quality or quantity of youngsters playing the game now.

Strange post.

I have read from many commentators, on radio, social media, guys who come from down south to watch games and know of many guys who have took in random premier league games this season and they have all commented on being surprised (in a positive way) by the standard of the football played at this level .

Maybe as a Talbot fan the games you see are not the best because teams play defensive against them or just can't get going in an attacking sense against a team that bit better than them.

My personal opinion the junior football i have watched over the last few years is of a better quality than when i first started watching it in the 80s.

Just my personal opinion but i think a lot more young ex series or pro youth players have enhanced our grade of football.

I think most will agree you get value for money at most junior games.

Strange post.

I have read from many commentators, on radio, social media, guys who come from down south to watch games and know of many guys who have took in random premier league games this season and they have all commented on being surprised (in a positive way) by the standard of the football played at this level .

Maybe as a Talbot fan the games you see are not the best because teams play defensive against them or just can't get going in an attacking sense against a team that bit better than them.

My personal opinion the junior football i have watched over the last few years is of a better quality than when i first started watching it in the 80s.

Just my personal opinion but i think a lot more young ex series or pro youth players have enhanced our grade of football.

I think most will agree you get value for money at most junior games.

That tells me all I need to know about your take on junior football.

Junior football during the 80s and 90s in Ayrshire was at an all time high, I am 100% sure fans of Kilbirnie will tell you the boys playing at their club just now wouldn't even get to clean the boots of players in the 85-86-87 team when they had players of genuine quality like Lyden, Mills, Coll, Muir, Rennie and Milne. Irvine Meadow where the same with guys like Faulds, McCutcheon and McCreath to name but a few. Talbot where exceptional at the time and Cumnock, Glenafton, Beith and the Kilwinning all at some point had a team and players who make 90% of those playing at said clubs today look like decent 2nd division players.

Scottish football at every level is at a standard way below what we once had there is not one player of genuine quality at any level in the game here in Scotland today, when guys like Scott Broon are considered as the best the game has.............then I rest my case.

Agree with beaver Standard of Football now is alot poorer as the years go bye .from senior Football to junior Football , as for pro youth with its 5aside culture dont tackle dont try and beat a Player it doesnt suit or game .when the seniors stopped the Reserve League s where young players use to learn their trade of senior players where they got hardened up and got taught the game has been a massive loss to the game

Junior football during the 80s and 90s in Ayrshire was at an all time high, I am 100% sure fans of Kilbirnie will tell you the boys playing at their club just now wouldn't even get to clean the boots of players in the 85-86-87 team when they had players of genuine quality like Lyden, Mills, Coll, Muir, Rennie and Milne. Irvine Meadow where the same with guys like Faulds, McCutcheon and McCreath to name but a few. Talbot where exceptional at the time and Cumnock, Glenafton, Beith and the Kilwinning all at some point had a team and players who make 90% of those playing at said clubs today look like decent 2nd division players.

Scottish football at every level is at a standard way below what we once had there is not one player of genuine quality at any level in the game here in Scotland today, when guys like Scott Broon are considered as the best the game has.............then I rest my case.

Excellent post.

There's no way that the juniors today is anywhere near as good as the 80s/90s and in my opinion anyone who thinks that it is ......... Well I guess that its time for a lobotomy ..........

A big part of it for me is that the senior grade has never been worse off monetary wise so they come down to our level and hand pick the best players and get them at a steal and leave the junior teams in the lurch a bit.

I will give three examples of teams who could potentialy have went on to win the super premier title if their team at the time weren't ripped apart by the senior teams ;

Club 1- Clydebank - They've done great in the last 5 years and if they were allowed to continue with daz McKinnon and the boy McElroy on the wing amongst others then they really could have built an excellent team around them that would have challenged no problem at all at the business end. It was sad to see their demise on Saturday.

Club 2- kilbirnie ladeside - Chris erskine , David Anderson and Jamie longworth were all lost to the seniors and again you just have to look at how they've adapted to the senior game to realise that once again with the correct types around them then they could easily have built on the gubbing that they handed out to pollok in the west cup final up at maryhill but instead them three guys going senior ripped the heart out of ladeside and tommy Bryce departed soon after, some players are irreplaceable and these three come into that bracket so the standard of the juniors went downhill again after losing these guys.

Club 3- arthurlie - Guys like Craig Malcolm , frank mckeown and lee sharp were lost again to the seniors and these three guys amongst other quality again were more than good enough to be up the business end but once again the senior teams with little cash came calling for relatively cheap but quality players and the junior standard dropped again.

Senior clubs picking up junior players has always happened but more so of late as senior crowds have dwindled as has sponsorship hence them coming calling for junior players and they often get them for free.

Back in the 80s there was a conveyor belt of talent coming through at all levels so when a junior team came calling for juvenile players then the juveniles had quality replacements coming through much like when senior teams took the best juniors we had replacements coming through.

Nowadays the chain doesn't appear to be there maybe through people having other things to do when growing up but the whole of Scottish football has definately seen a drop in standards and I would even say that I've seen a major decline in the last 5 years at our level.

Totally agree with you Harry. Ayrshire league was a class apart back in late 80s when I started watching.

Excellent post.

There's no way that the juniors today is anywhere near as good as the 80s/90s and in my opinion anyone who thinks that it is ......... Well I guess that its time for a lobotomy ..........

A big part of it for me is that the senior grade has never been worse off monetary wise so they come down to our level and hand pick the best players and get them at a steal and leave the junior teams in the lurch a bit.

I will give three examples of teams who could potentialy have went on to win the super premier title if their team at the time weren't ripped apart by the senior teams ;

Club 1- Clydebank - They've done great in the last 5 years and if they were allowed to continue with daz McKinnon and the boy McElroy on the wing amongst others then they really could have built an excellent team around them that would have challenged no problem at all at the business end. It was sad to see their demise on Saturday.

Club 2- kilbirnie ladeside - Chris erskine , David Anderson and Jamie longworth were all lost to the seniors and again you just have to look at how they've adapted to the senior game to realise that once again with the correct types around them then they could easily have built on the gubbing that they handed out to pollok in the west cup final up at maryhill but instead them three guys going senior ripped the heart out of ladeside and tommy Bryce departed soon after, some players are irreplaceable and these three come into that bracket so the standard of the juniors went downhill again after losing these guys.

Club 3- arthurlie - Guys like Craig Malcolm , frank mckeown and lee sharp were lost again to the seniors and these three guys amongst other quality again were more than good enough to be up the business end but once again the senior teams with little cash came calling for relatively cheap but quality players and the junior standard dropped again.

Senior clubs picking up junior players has always happened but more so of late as senior crowds have dwindled as has sponsorship hence them coming calling for junior players and they often get them for free.

Back in the 80s there was a conveyor belt of talent coming through at all levels so when a junior team came calling for juvenile players then the juveniles had quality replacements coming through much like when senior teams took the best juniors we had replacements coming through.

Nowadays the chain doesn't appear to be there maybe through people having other things to do when growing up but the whole of Scottish football has definately seen a drop in standards and I would even say that I've seen a major decline in the last 5 years at our level.

Another cracking post

Archived