The Prediction Thread

Scottish Premiership Winner: Celtic
Scottish Premiership Runner Up: Motherwell
Relegated Team(s): Kilmarnock, Hamilton Academicals.

Championship Winner: The Rangers
Premiership/Championship Play-off Winner: Hearts
First Managerial Exit (sack,walk, mutual consent whatever): Allan Johnston
Team You Think You'll Gub: Dundee United
SPFA Player Of The Year: Kris Commons
Top League Goalscorer: Leigh Griffiths
Premiership Team To Get Furthest In Scottish Cup: Aberdeen
Premiership Team To Get Furthest In League Cup: Aberdeen
How Will You Feel At End Of Season: Elated at having a decent season and managing to secure survival.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RandomGuy., on 06 Jul 2014 - 16:22, said:

Who does Higdon play for?

I'm predicting he'll sign for a Scottish side. Who? I don't know yet.

Didn't you hear? He's signing for Dundee, it's a done deal.

Aye they've been peddling the myth he's interested for weeks now. Why a players whos reputations only been going upwards for the past three years, who was earning almost £10k a week last season, and whos been hunted by a raft of English sides would a) come back to a country he's already achieved all he can or b) join a newly promoted side for a quarter of what he could earn down south I do not know. They seem determined though

RandomGuy., on 06 Jul 2014 - 16:22, said:

Who does Higdon play for?

Lex, on 06 Jul 2014 - 16:23, said:

Didn't you hear? He's signing for Dundee, it's a done deal.

RandomGuy., on 06 Jul 2014 - 16:28, said:

Aye they've been peddling the myth he's interested for weeks now. Why a players whos reputations only been going upwards for the past three years, who was earning almost £10k a week last season, and whos been hunted by a raft of English sides would a) come back to a country he's already achieved all he can or b) join a newly promoted side for a quarter of what he could earn down south I do not know. They seem determined though

What's your predictions then? Or are you just determined to take the thread off topic?

What's your predictions then? Or are you just determined to take the thread off topic?

Well I predict Lionel Messi will be top scorer as I'm convinced he'll move to this country. Not sure where though

RandomGuy., on 06 Jul 2014 - 16:31, said:

Well I predict Lionel Messi will be top scorer as I'm convinced he'll move to this country. Not sure where though

Now that's just silly.

Scottish Premiership Runner Up: Aberdeen
Relegated Team(s): Inverness CT, Ross County

Championship Winner: Heart of Midlothian
Premiership/Championship Play-off Winner: Rangers 2012
First Managerial Exit (sack,walk, mutual consent whatever): Derek Adams
Team You Think You'll Gub: Ross County
SPFA Player Of The Year: Josh Magennis
Top League Goalscorer: Josh Magennis
Premiership Team To Get Furthest In Scottish Cup: Celtic
Premiership Team To Get Furthest In League Cup: Kilmarnock
How Will You Feel At End Of Season: Pleased to have taken the lead in the League Cup Final but angry at eventually losing to Livingston after Josh Magennis was sent off. Upset to lose Magennis for only £6million to Bayern.

Now that's just silly.

Not really, theres more chance of Messi playing a game in this country next season than there is Higdon, simply because Celtic might meet Barca in Europe while Higdon will be playing for an English Championship side

RandomGuy., on 06 Jul 2014 - 16:38, said:

Not really, theres more chance of Messi playing a game in this country next season than there is Higdon, simply because Celtic might meet Barca in Europe while Higdon will be playing for an English Championship side

Considering it's Chesterfield a recently promoted League 2 side that's in for Higdon along with several Scottish sides, and are the favourites to get him, I highly doubt he'll be heading to the Championship. Dundee have held talks with Higdon's representatives, whether we get him (Which I doubt we will) remains to be seen, but I do guess and predict he'll return to Scotland.

He was in the papers a few weeks ago aswell, for what its worth, I imagine Ludo will tell us all he never believed Higdon would be signing after all and it was a joke

Higdon confirmed Dons boss Derek McInnes made a move to sign him last summer when his contract expired at Motherwell.

But the striker had to turn down a Pittodrie move as he had already agreed to join Dutch side NEC Nijmegen.

Higdon said: “I spoke to Derek last summer and he was interested in taking me to Aberdeen.

“However I had already decided to give Holland a try.

“In any case, if I was going to stay in Scotland it would have been with Motherwell.

“I wouldn’t have wanted to play for any other team in the Premiership as they were so good to me.”

RandomGuy., on 06 Jul 2014 - 16:41, said:

He was in the papers a few weeks ago aswell, for what its worth, I imagine Ludo will tell us all he never believed Higdon would be signing after all and it was a joke

What does that prove exactly? He wouldn't have left Motherwell at that time because they treated him well.

I've said my piece on the matter and that's that, I'm not responding to your petty attempts to de-rail the thread.

Considering it's Chesterfield a recently promoted League 2 side that's in for Higdon along with several Scottish sides, and are the favourites to get him, I highly doubt he'll be heading to the Championship. Dundee have held talks with Higdon's representatives, whether we get him (Which I doubt we will) remains to be seen, but I do guess and predict he'll return to Scotland.

Chesterfield pulled out almost a month ago as they couldn't afford him, he was asking for £7k a week. Chesterfield could probably spend more per week than most Premiership sides up here anyway.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/chesterfield/chesterfield-striker-may-be-too-dear-for-spireites-1-6665780

And as I just posted he's already said this Summer he wouldn't join another Scottish side other than Motherwell, who couldn't afford him either. Stop being so fucking deluded, you have absolutely no chance of signing him, nobody in this Country does

What does that prove exactly? He wouldn't have left Motherwell at that time because they treated him well.

He'd already left them by that point :1eye He was saying he wouldn't feel right lining up against Motherwell

Scottish Premiership Winner: Hamilton
Scottish Premiership Runner Up: Dundee
Relegated Team(s): Celtic, Motherwell

Championship Winner: Alloa
Premiership/Championship Play-off Winner: Cowdenbeath
First Managerial Exit (sack,walk, mutual consent whatever): Ronny Deila
Team You Think You'll Gub: Everyone
SPFA Player Of The Year: Tony Andreu
Top League Goalscorer: Jason Scotland
Premiership Team To Get Furthest In Scottish Cup: Hamilton
Premiership Team To Get Furthest In League Cup: Hamilton
How Will You Feel At End Of Season: Meh

Scottish Premiership Runner Up: Aberdeen
Relegated Team(s): Motherwell

Championship Winner: Hearts
Premiership/Championship Play-off Winner: Dundee
First Managerial Exit (sack,walk, mutual consent whatever): Stuart McCall
Team You Think You'll Gub: Celtic
SPFA Player Of The Year: Kris Commons
Top League Goalscorer: Kris Commons
Premiership Team To Get Furthest In Scottish Cup: Aberdeen
Premiership Team To Get Furthest In League Cup: St Johnston
How Will You Feel At End Of Season: Disappointed

Scottish Premiership Runner Up: Arabs
Relegated Team(s): St Mirren, ICT

Championship Winner: The Rangers
Premiership/Championship Play-off Winner: Hearts
First Managerial Exit (sack,walk, mutual consent whatever): John Hughes
Team You Think You'll Gub: None, be a lot of close games.
SPFA Player Of The Year: Stevie May
Top League Goalscorer: Kris Commons
Premiership Team To Get Furthest In Scottish Cup:Dundee
Premiership Team To Get Furthest In League Cup: Arabs
How Will You Feel At End Of Season: Elated at having a decent season and managing to secure survival......snap.

Archived