Largs Thistle 14/15

1st av seen Largs this season & no much has changed. Missed Marks but the usual punt the baw as far as you can & leave the boot in tactics still persist. Am sure Sandy is a brand new guy but his style of fitba belongs in the dark ages wae tanner baws & long grass . A horrible team to watch. Thank f**k he never got oor job when Bryce resigned

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st av seen Largs this season & no much has changed. Missed Marks but the usual punt the baw as far as you can & leave the boot in tactics still persist. Am sure Sandy is a brand new guy but his style of fitba belongs in the dark ages wae tanner baws & long grass . A horrible team to watch. Thank f**k he never got oor job when Bryce resigned

To be honest on the second half performance it was probably the right result however early days for both teams.

You do make me laugh! though!!!! The two teams were trying different things, As for leaving the boot in it was quite amazing the screams from the players and two seconds later they were running about like Linford Christie, is it not a mans game?

As for the tactics your big centre half would get a game for the Scotland rugby team. Do me a favour and worry about your team because believe me I do not know what game you were watching but they were not playing that flowing football that Kilbirnie are known for!!! Not in recent years!!

To be honest on the second half performance it was probably the right result however early days for both teams.

You do make me laugh! though!!!! The two teams were trying different things, As for leaving the boot in it was quite amazing the screams from the players and two seconds later they were running about like Linford Christie, is it not a mans game?

As for the tactics your big centre half would get a game for the Scotland rugby team. Do me a favour and worry about your team because believe me I do not know what game you were watching but they were not playing that flowing football that Kilbirnie are known for!!! Not in recent years!!

2nd half a thought we played well. As u say early days . Only McLean did that when he was tackled & a had a wee chuckle at that 1 . Other 3 or 4 the players were down for a while. Big Gair is starting to become a more physical centre half & thank feck as so he should be for his size.

Just saying it like it is but sorry for havin an opinion on ur page.

All the best for the season

You'd think Kilbirnie were Barcelona the way they talk down our "tactics" every time we meet. It's junior football, 100% of teams play long ball football, it's just some teams are either better at scoring at one end or more physical at the other. Kilbirnie are the latter btw

Largs scoring for fun preseason now blank at home first league match?

[/

Made plenty of chances yesterday but a combination of poor finishing and good keeping kept us at bay. Tough game away to Shettleston next week but if we can continue to make the chances I am confident we can get a result.

Where have the lads who joined from Morton ended up this season? (keogh & mclaughlin) I know Boyd is now with the talbot.

[

Keogh went away on holiday and got a job there, McLaughlin was let go I thought I heard Greenock or the Port mentioned but not sure.

JC Hutchison made a great block midway through the second half from Euan Lindsay when a goal seemed certain, and Lindsay missed a first half sitter as well as having one cleared off the line, but other than that Largs didn't hit the target and Glencairn's defenders headed away just about every high ball that came their way all afternoon. Having said that, Largs goalkeeper Grant Weir only had three saves to make that I can remember as well apart from picking the ball out of the net, as Glencairn had a couple of efforts off target. It certainly wasn't the "smash and grab" that Barrfields_Largs stated elsewhere earlier today. Yes, Largs' 10 men had us pinned back near the end, but that was to be expected as they were desperate for an equaliser. But apart from the late pressure I felt it was a very even match. Three separate people all said the same thing to me at half time, ie "It's a very tight game, the first goal will be crucial." Fortunately we got it, but it could easily have gone the other way.

Largs don't have much to worry about, the goals will come and they will be in the promotion mix. I just think, just maybe, they underestimated Glencairn yesterday. That was my feeling in the build-up to the game anyway, and I was quite confident we would cone back up the road with at least a point.

The people at Thistle were, as usual, very friendly and accommodating all afternoon, thank you for the hospitality before the match, at half time, and at the pub after the game where the chips were great. ;-)

Yup, and caller what's your point? Disappointing result, I don't need you to tell me that. I'm certainly not going to go onto kilbirnie's thread and start questioning your team after every game you lose (I'd lose the feeling in my fingers by hitting the keyboard that often 8) )

Yup, and caller what's your point? Disappointing result, I don't need you to tell me that. I'm certainly not going to go onto kilbirnie's thread and start questioning your team after every game you lose (I'd lose the feeling in my fingers by hitting the keyboard that often 8) )

Keep yer knickers on, I was so impressed with your goal scoring tally that it was a surprise you drew a blank against (no offence) poorer opposition....I.E 4 past Hurlford couple of days later.

Keep yer knickers on, I was so impressed with your goal scoring tally that it was a surprise you drew a blank against (no offence) poorer opposition....I.E 4 past Hurlford couple of days later.

Poorer than the teams they scored lots of goals against at home in the Sectional, ie Kilwinning Rangers and Dalry Thistle ? You're entitled to your opinion, but their league status doesn't back you up.

Poorer than the teams they scored lots of goals against at home in the Sectional, ie Kilwinning Rangers and Dalry Thistle ? You're entitled to your opinion, but their league status doesn't back you up.

Literally the first time you've ever admitted Rutherglen are bigger than another club. Well done you.

• 2 weeks later...

Sore one, can't deny it. Two home games and no goals, but plenty opportunities to score. If the guys take these chances, we can surely get the confidence up pronto. But hard one to take

A pretty 50/50 first half, a disallowed goal, and then the worst 45mins I've seen in my 12 seasons following the club.

4 carbon copy goals in 1/4 of an hour. We really should've learned after 1 or 2, but after that we fell apart and could've easily lost by more.

Major improvement needed.

Archived