Fauldhouse United - Premier Passion

Kinky Afro

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting the highlights of the game. Have to agree that there weren't many bad tackles, the "Worst" one being at 2.04(well it looked bad in real time) which the 11 slowed down and took Jason out late from behind. Of course, Jason got booked also... I think the ref was a little card happy but he isn't helped by some of the players. For me the 2 Hoose reds were justified and the cookie reds looked like they were probably deserved two yellows = red for each of them. Disappointment is my over reaching sentiment at a trip back to the scene of a previous defeat and in some ways a trip back to previous behaviour.

Being disappointed at a first defeat of the season after 5 games shows how far we have come but when we finish games with 9 men then it will be difficult to keep going forward. Not every ref can be wrong. I think we played well for the most part and tried to pass the ball around, with Drew bombing forward a lot. When the consistency of his final ball improves he will be an outstanding attacking option for the Hoose, giving balance to the team and an outlet wide left. Clark again played well is a dominating midfield and I felt we were on top and the more likely to score when Sam kicked out at the nine who game him a typical "forward coming back for a header" challenge. Robust and strong, probably a foul, but not enough to prompt a kick out and a straight red. Even though with 10 men we did ok but it seemed obvious to the Hoose fans that we had options to change things and balance it up to give us some impetus to win the game. The general feeling was we should have taken control and tried to influence how the game turned, rather than staying the same and seeing if it might turn. Like the "vote NO" badge wearing half time draw salesman who is happy to stay where we are in the misguided ostrich like belief that things will get better and settling for a "well things aint that bad" attitude, he, like we did, might miss the boat unless he does something. September the 19th and two nil down are the same. I feel we missed a chance. A barnstorming last 10 minutes where we scored one and had numerous chances only seemed to enhance our frustration and paper over the cracks as again we lost to a cookie team who I doubt anyone will say were any better than us. Some good performances for the Hoose but their efforts were in vain after an out of character red and a "There's a shock" back to the bad old days red card. We are far better than that. We need to believe how good we really are.

So the end of month report sees us 5 games in with a numerically average, 1 win, 1 loss, 3 draws. either 6 points from 15 or 9 if Karma abounds. A solid enough start and overall I haven't seen any team that I think was better than us. We should go forward now with the belief that we are as good if not better than our opponents and take the fight into our own hands and control our own destiny.

And like me, when you are too old to play, many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for
one chance, just one cahnce, to come back as young men and tell
our opponents that they may be Superleaguers but we are the Hoose. and they will never take our.... (fill in what you want here)... I know what I would write. Have the confidence and believe.....

Onward the Brave, Mon the Hoose!

Any news on who gets the 3 points from Saturday. ..spoke to a guy from Penicuik after the game on Saturday and he said they had f****d up big style!

Every team has pre-printed teams lines, with all signed players names, addresses etc on them. Secretaries then go down the list of names and assign the relevant squad number to the relevant player. On the Penicuik team lines, both Mcdermott and McCulloch are listed one above the other and on Saturday his eyes obviously jump a line when doing this, so he put the number 4 beside Mcdermott's name (who was away at a wedding), instead of Mcculloch (who's name was therefore left off the team lines). Clerical error.

These are the facts, so 'fucked up big style', probably a bit of an exaggeration.

Every team has pre-printed teams lines, with all signed players names, addresses etc on them. Secretaries then go down the list of names and assign the relevant squad number to the relevant player. On the Penicuik team lines, both Mcdermott and McCulloch are listed one above the other and on Saturday his eyes obviously jump a line when doing this, so he put the number 4 beside Mcdermott's name (who was away at a wedding), instead of Mcculloch (who's name was therefore left off the team lines). Clerical error.

These are the facts, so 'fucked up big style', probably a bit of an exaggeration.

It's the biggest muck up that a secretary can make ,it's going to cost the club the game.

The Arniston secretary was going to resign last season because it was such a blunder,so I think Big style is appropriate.

In saying that,it is just a simple human error and should definitely not cost anyone their job, I don't think anyone would make the same mistake twice!

The guy is probably distraught right now, but if you are a secretary at any club you always do the best you can.

Good luck for the rest of the season, and I am sure that everybody at fauldhouse hope we gub you at home !!!

Either or. ..Both mean the same..wee 3.0 me thinks....now you know how arniston and us felt last season....costly wee "clerical error" don't you think

That may well be the outcome but any sound minded person can see the two situations are completely different. The only simalarity between the two situations will be, the 3 points made no difference to us last season and they will make no difference to us this season either.

Confident words indeed so early in the season, that 3 points are neither here or there!

This the super league which , by the look of things is going to be very competitive.

Your words may well come back and bite your butt !!!

I agree. This is a filling out a sheet error. Arniston fiasco involved the player also who should have known himself he was still banned. They still beat us, 3 point or zero. The 3 points if we get them are a big lift. 9 from 15 is psychologically better than 6 from 15.

A wee rest from the league this weekend and perhaps a well deserved rest for the Buckie boys too..... See how the ref enjoys the peace and quiet... Unless Leachy is going !

Mon the King!

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Good guy. King Kenny is the Hoose all time goal scoring record holder. Please wish him well from me, except when you play us. I will of course give him some stick but he would expect nothing else. He can score goals and gets loads of chances.... One of those guys who seems to miss a lot of chances in a game before scoring a match winner or a point saver. The chances seem to fall to him though and that is just a knack goal scorers have. He can compete for a header with a centre half too. He has been quicker in his career but still a good player. Hope he does well.

I don't know and don't have the ear or voice of the management. He left half way through last year then came back. I think he wants to be playing guaranteed every week at his age and not sure he would have got that for us??? If you ask him, he will tell you I think. An honest enough guy any time I have spoken to him. You can let us know!

I don't know and don't have the ear or voice of the management. He left half way through last year then came back. I think he wants to be playing guaranteed every week at his age and not sure he would have got that for us??? If you ask him, he will tell you I think. An honest enough guy any time I have spoken to him. You can let us know!

Cheers mate , see yous in 3 weeks .

Archived