Pre-season results page

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling whitehill will struggle this season, nothing to do with the result last night

my reasons are being,there are already complaints about players not getting enough game time, its only pre season ffs

there are too many of the their players who are only self thinking rather than the betterment of their squad, player for player I think whitehill have the best team in the league but the mental side of the game will see them struggle

I will put my money now that they will do well this season but wont win the league

Eh!?

Just because a few players were disappointed about not getting as much playing time as they hoped in the first friendly WW will struggle? Players are just raring to get going.

Struggle with the mental side when most of the squad won the EoS title 14 months ago? Not to mention a manager who's won how many league titles?

Haha the gang WW getting beat 6-1, shocking. Spoke to a player from Lothian and he said WW were a shambles !!

It's a gang with quite a few medals. The Mantis needs to find that gang sign he made for the dressing room door a few years ago.

Lothian were very good last night and took their goals well. Second half Whitehill came out strong and should have equalised McLaughlin hit the bar. At 3-1 WW go pushing to get back in it, almost do then long ball plays in Gormley and it's 4-1. Sore one but take it as a kick up the arse and it'll count for nothing if we get a result at Dalbeattie on August 2nd.

I have a feeling whitehill will struggle this season, nothing to do with the result last night my reasons are being,there are already complaints about players not getting enough game time, its only pre season ffs there are too many of the their players who are only self thinking rather than the betterment of their squad, player for player I think whitehill have the best team in the league but the mental side of the game will see them struggle I will put my money now that they will do well this season but wont win the league

So on one hand we struggle but other we do well !

messi has a wee point would result be same with Mickey there ?

but then again there are another 3 who (if Mickey no there should take blame somewhere) and that's afore season starts (and dont get me started aboot the agm !!) even if I cried it a bounce game :D

Its a squad game these days and im sure ww players least appreciate that. I think we prob one o smallest squads at that.

Edit after reading blog could Benny mcarthy lace Tosh's boots :P

Personally think them toonies be out o reach by Christmas bur thats just an observation.

Mon the welfarrrre !!!!

WW will be up there or there abouts again I'm sure. Only player I know they've lost is Bruce, who will be a loss for sure but id think they'll still do well.

Lthv lost Stevenson and swain to spartans but have they signed any new players?!

Anyone know of any other players to have left or signed for either club?!?!

Eh!?

Just because a few players were disappointed about not getting as much playing time as they hoped in the first friendly WW will struggle? Players are just raring to get going.

Struggle with the mental side when most of the squad won the EoS title 14 months ago? Not to mention a manager who's won how many league titles?

They will be up there challenging for the title again, no worries about that, don't read into pre season friendlies too much!

(Ronnie Swan Cup)

Spartans 4-1 Falkirk XI

(Raydale Cup)

Gretna 0-2 Annan

EK 1-4 Clyde

Dalbeattie P-P Crook Town

Gala 7-1 Eyemouth

Abbey Vale ?-? Selkirk (cancelled?)

Mixed day overall. Spartans land a comfortable win against the Falkirk youngsters and a romping win for Gala, but slighlty surprised at the gap between EK and Clyde.

lthv have brought at least 4 up from their under 19s

signed quite a few, gormley, eddie mearns both football mercenaries another lad that was at the vale, twaddles chucking money about like confetti,i know what theyre on as eddie was good enough to let me know, he's got a bigger budget than most in the lowland league

signed quite a few, gormley, eddie mearns both football mercenaries another lad that was at the vale, twaddles chucking money about like confetti,i know what theyre on as eddie was good enough to let me know, he's got a bigger budget than most in the lowland league

What's his budget??

Anyone know why the Abbey Vale v Selkirk game was cancelled??

Selkirk could'nt get a team, it was I am told, the same last season.

Shambles of a club talking about going full time and having no team .

circa 12 - 14k that should be enough to compete in the lowland, but hey well done to tam smith for making that kind of cash available to them

circa 12 - 14k that should be enough to compete in the lowland, but hey well done to tam smith for making that kind of cash available to them

How do you know this??

Selkirk could'nt get a team, it was I am told, the same last season.

Shambles of a club talking about going full time and having no team .

There are always circumstances that dictate player availability pre season but the noises coming from the Selkirk coaching staff you would have thought with all there fantastic contacts they could have scraped a team together.... Or did the entire playing staff come down with a sickness bug again like they did last season the night before they were playing gala at netherdale??

Archived