Rob Roy Signing News / pre season / squad info

RobRoyGuy

Although Monti was something else it may be a similar situation to what happened to him at Pollok. Maxwell and Hall are both quality (particularly Maxi) and any of those 3 wont like sitting ob the bench. At KRR Saywers was the main man and it worked, will he be at Medda. JC says he's one of the best hes ever played with. RRG said the best Rabs striker ever once? I believe them both but I wouldn't have him in my top 10 Pollok strikers of the last 10years. Think the team would have to be built round him.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best striker i have ever seen at Roy and when I say striker, I mean goalscorer. That's only because we made him main man, he won't be that at meadow and need to work harder for his goals. Don't think anything wrong with what Maxwell said. The guy knows everyone at Roy wishes him well.

Not really strange. He was a guaranteed goal scorer and starter for us and we would play to his strengths.

At meadow he won't have a team playing to his strengths, he won't be number one man and the competition will be tough. Wish Willie well but he will find it tough to get a run in a very good meadow team.

I think thats fair comment.

Having seen Medda I'm not really sure why they bought him, like you suggested I dont think they will play to his strengths.

Best wishes to Jordan Brown at Rob Roy.

Just to correct the Evening Times from the other day, he wasn't loaned to St Roch's from Rob Roy last season - he was a free agent who we signed and registered last September.

I was thinking this myself when i read it. He played a few games for us under Jimmy Lindsay then left, never any talk of him just going on loan.

Always thought he looked a decent young keeper who would grow into a very good junior keeper. How many games did he play for you guys? As games are what he needs at junior level.

Edit - Better idea of how squad is lining up , looking not to bad at all.The manager has been busy !

GK

Johnny Murdoch

Jordan Brown

Defenders

Jonathan Carter ( Captain )

Paul Finnegan

Daniel McKenzie

Gerry Watt

Martin Brogan

Kenny Jarvis

Craig Hughes

Midfielders

Alan Uruqhart

Jamie Hunter

Gary McMenamin

Scott Upton

Ally Martin

Jamie Hay

Richie Chang

Strikers

Chris Duff

Scott Morton

Steven Aitken

Jordan McKechnie

Dominic O'Hallaron

Big squad see how many start the season but got to be happy with how the squad is looking given we only finished our season June 6th.

Although Monti was something else it may be a similar situation to what happened to him at Pollok. Maxwell and Hall are both quality (particularly Maxi) and any of those 3 wont like sitting ob the bench. At KRR Saywers was the main man and it worked, will he be at Medda. JC says he's one of the best hes ever played with. RRG said the best Rabs striker ever once? I believe them both but I wouldn't have him in my top 10 Pollok strikers of the last 10years. Think the team would have to be built round him.

Cos we all hang on those two's every word!

would love to bounce back up straight away but I fear the same as last season and the guyz just wont b physical enough :-(

Good experience in with guys like McMenamin, Finnegan, Murdoch, Upton. I actually think we have an overall better squad this season than we did last season.

Meadow could change to 3 5 2 formation to accommodate there strikers

I can't see stevie rankin changing his formation to a 3-5-2 especially for the bigger games. Sawyers plays his best football when the main man , where the wingers give him crosses to attack or wingers drift inside to feed him the ball to hold up or turn and shoot. It remains to be seen how many games sawyers gets and how many goals he scores especially in the league for meadow where it really counts .

One thing is for sure his record for us was briliant it was great having him and if things didn't work out for him at meadow i would one would love to see him back.

Canny remember the last time u beat us

Your turn for the biscuits

Oft been about 6 or 7 years anyway when you last beat us mr prez but hey your year may be this year . Davie will no doubt sort you out with the biscuits , Walkers shortbread biscuits i will recommend to him next time i see him :P

I can't see stevie rankin changing his formation to a 3-5-2 especially for the bigger games. Sawyers plays his best football when the main man , where the wingers give him crosses to attack or wingers drift inside to feed him the ball to hold up or turn and shoot. It remains to be seen how many games sawyers gets and how many goals he scores especially in the league for meadow where it really counts .

One thing is for sure his record for us was briliant it was great having him and if things didn't work out for him at meadow i would one would love to see him back.

Oft been about 6 or 7 years anyway when you last beat us mr prez but hey your year may be this year . Davie will no doubt sort you out with the biscuits , Walkers shortbread biscuits i will recommend to him next time i see him :P

not as long as that atall n Dave disny get the biccys you dae

Erse tite

Archived