Rob Roy Signing News / pre season / squad info

RobRoyGuy

Back into he Junior fitba after a 4 week break from it . Disappointing end to last season obviously but that's in the past and we now look forward to a new season , in a league that will be as competitive as ever.

Squad news below .

Resigned : Jonathan Carter ( New Club Captain ) , Daniel McKenzie , Gerry Watt , Martin Brogan , Kenny Jarvis , Alan Urqhuart , Jamie Hunter , Chris Duff , Fraser Team , Scott Morton , Ally Martin , Jamie Hay ,Scott Morton

New Signing's :Johnny Murdoch GK Ex Shotts and Pollok, Paul Finnegan ( Shotts BA ) Def , Gary McMenamin ( Cumnock ) Mid , Scott Upton ( Cumbernauld Utd , 2nd spell at Roy) Mid , Dominic O'Hallaron (Cumbernauld Utd ) , Mid / Str , Richie Chang ( Renfrew 2nd spell at Roy ) Mid , Jordan McKechnie (Annan Ath ) Mid/Str , Craig Hughes ( Unattached ) Def, Jordan Brown Gk 2nd spell , Greig Barr ( Arthurlie 21s capt from last season ) , Steven Aitken ( Campsie Black Watch - 36 goals in 35 games for them last season - one to watch ) Jamie Hamill ( Campsie Black Watch ) Def

Out Willie Sawyers , Ryan Deas both Irvine Meadow , Jon Connolly Vale of Clyde ,

Not heard or read anything on following yet : Kris Mitchell , Stuart Wilson GK , Owen Ronald

Manager : Stewart Maxwell

Assistant : Paul Ronald

Player / Coach : Gordon Moffatt

Roy are looking for Friendly on July 26th , if anyone reading this is at a team looking for one contact me and i will pass on your details.

Pre season Friendlies:

St Anthony's July 19th , McKenna Park 2.30pm

Drumchapel Ams July 23rd , venue tbc

Clydebank (H) July 26th , 2.30 pm ko

Ashfield July 28th , Saracen Park , 7pm

Broxburn Ath Aug 2nd , Albyn Park , 2.30pm

Other news : Travel club running a bus to all 'home ' games in cumbernauld and obviously away games , if interested in joining up give me a shout and will put you in contact with guy in charge of bus.

New fundraising scheme : £10 a month standing order , signed up myself last month , got around 20-25 signed up , can imagine the club will be looking to get 40-50 which will help the club through playing the season away from adamslie park.

Also the club will be using Adamslie Park for pre season training as ground developers don't need in till late august time.

On a sad note learned of the passing of long time supporter John Kilpatrick a couple of weeks back. RIP John.

And finally well done Raymond - Roy Race on here for organising the big travel club banner that will go behind the goal , gotta try make guys meadow feel a little more homely ha.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually not sure! Just know he has took up a coaching role and going by his twitter seems excited by that new role. Carter has got the captaincy so that seems to suggest Moffat won't be playing as many games this season.

Only ever heard good things about Gordon so hopefully he can bring something different to the sidelines , a different character to Thompson that's for sure.

Gordon Moffat has resigned for the club and takes up his new post of Player/Coach with immediate effect. Great addition to the coaching staff and the club don't lose out on his playing ability on the park.

So who we hopping is goin to b our goal scorer then? Last few seasons weve had gormley, diack then sawyers. Who now?

Past seasons we have had some top strikers at the club with a proven record. Now we are having to look to younger guys with less of a track record to shine. Heard some fantastic stuff about lad Aitken , also O'Hallaron, Duff, and Morton i would expect them to be amongst the goals next season.

Good to see Maxi pulling a squad together after last season.

Although if my calculations are right, having a 24 man squad is to many (counting the re-signed and new signed players together from the first post), as the young lads will want to play everyweek and with so many not stripped each week, it wouldn't be long until they wanted to move on??

If memory serves me right at the start of last season the manager had a squad signed of 23 or 24 .After 2 or 3 weeks players started leaving for a variety of seasons. After a month or so the squad was whittled down by 5 or 6, see if something similar happens this coming season.

How many clubs has wee Richie Chang had now ?.

He did well during his spell at Kilbirnie,nice guy,on his day he can be a handful and wins a pen or two.

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, Rutherglen Glencairn and Renfrew.

How many clubs has wee Richie Chang had now ?.

He did well during his spell at Kilbirnie,nice guy,on his day he can be a handful and wins a pen or two.

Kilbirnie us twice now Glencairn and renfrew far as i know. He was a good wee winger first time around with us and played with us last time we played in this league is 2008. That's 6 years ago now so can't imagine he is the same player now as he was then.A bit of his pace might have gone , doesn't mean he can't do well for us though.

U sure Fraser Team has signed mate ???

He has signed for sure . so you can stop sniffing about mate ha .

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, Rutherglen Glencairn and Renfrew.

Is that all.

He seemed to be with a different club every season.

Could have swore a seen him at Glenafton or somebody as well.

Ladeside had big Moore yet nobody to suppy him with crosses,wee Chang is good at that.

Is that all.

He seemed to be with a different club every season.

Could have swore a seen him at Glenafton or somebody as well.

Ladeside had big Moore yet nobody to suppy him with crosses,wee Chang is good at that.

Your right one of those players who seem to have been about a few clubs . I can't even remember who we signed him from back in 2006/2007. Not even sure what age richie is .

Your right one of those players who seem to have been about a few clubs . I can't even remember who we signed him from back in 2006/2007. Not even sure what age richie is .

Richies 31 an still fit as a fiddle not a pick on him he's 1 of the lucky guys who could eat a mcds everyday of the week an no put a pound on. Am sure Richies 1st junior club was Rob Roy then glencairn,Renfrew an now back at the Rabs

Archived