Second Stop-Warsaw

The flights for October are getting booked up, and the hotels seem to have increased their process from March!

So, I have just booked up to go out on Monday 13 and back on Thursday 16 with 3 nights hotel.

The Polish website says the game is in Warsaw, so why don't the SFA have it on their website yet.

I thought that everyone had to confirm to UEFA the location of the games 120 days ahead, and I would have thought they would have updated the website by now, especially after confirming the Georgia game on 11 October will be in Govan!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The game was confirmed for Warsaw a while ago.

We're going Thursday - Sunday, same digs as the March friendly (booked them up while we were over there). Unfortunately flights proved a bit tricky price wise - ended up doing KLM from Edinburgh via Amsterdam.

We're going Thursday - Sunday, same digs as the March friendly (booked them up while we were over there). Unfortunately flights proved a bit tricky price wise - ended up doing KLM from Edinburgh via Amsterdam.

Colour me confused on the days you are going.....

No fancy seeing the game no? :lol:

Booked my hostel now too, £14 a head per night for a 3 roomer with breakfast right in city centre. Lavvv it.

Colour me confused on the days you are going.....

No fancy seeing the game no? :lol:

Booked my hostel now too, £14 a head per night for a 3 roomer with breakfast right in city centre. Lavvv it.

Feck sake, meant Sunday - Thursday. Too late to go back and edit now :lol:

We were trying to book from Liverpool but, presumably due to demand, kept getting put in a queue before the flight booking was confirmed. They wouldn't confirm our booking (my mate was handling it) and then all of a sudden the prices had more than doubled. Shambles.

We've got an 8 hour wait in Amsterdam before our connecting flight to Warsaw on the Sunday....could be interesting.

Fucksake, were an extra £160 for the same days from Prestwick!!! :(

This happened to me for the game over there in March.

I've managed to price flights at £144, flying: Glasgow > London. London > Warsaw and the same back the way.

Out the day before and back the day after.

We're doing Stansted to Gdansk Return flight for £20. Flight to London was £50 return.

Leave Friday after work, get there early Saturday morning. Hopefully find somewhere to watch the game on Saturday night in Gdansk.

Train to Warsaw on Sunday morning. Staying in Warsaw 'till Thursday. Same route back.

Nae tickets. Not a member of the TA. Never been to Poland.

:lol:

We're doing Stansted to Gdansk Return flight for £20. Flight to London was £50 return.

Leave Friday after work, get there early Saturday morning. Hopefully find somewhere to watch the game on Saturday night in Gdansk.

Train to Warsaw on Sunday morning. Staying in Warsaw 'till Thursday. Same route back.

Nae tickets. Not a member of the TA. Never been to Poland.

:lol:

Go look on their website youll get home end ones no probs, maybe even get a ticket from the SSC on 0 points if you join, its a 60k seater stadium, we will get near 4/5k id imagine, it will go to 0 points I think.

Went with sports options last time for the day trip and if they're doing another il book up with them again. Great service!

Flying from Luton matchday afternoon and back into Luton for 0700 after the match for £67.

Who needs sports options :)

Go look on their website youll get home end ones no probs, maybe even get a ticket from the SSC on 0 points if you join, its a 60k seater stadium, we will get near 4/5k id imagine, it will go to 0 points I think.

Good shout. May join up. I've got an account with 1 point on it from years ago I think - not sure if that's still valid.

Failing that will get one of the Polish lads in work to get me a ticket. Pretty sure you'll need a Polish address to get one in the home end?

Regardless, I can't wait.

Was over in Poland for the friendly a few months ago and loved it so hoping to go back, but with not many holidays left going to look into that Sports Option deal when they bring it out.

Really thought they would of had it out by now.

Was over in Poland for the friendly a few months ago and loved it so hoping to go back, but with not many holidays left going to look into that Sports Option deal when they bring it out. Really thought they would of had it out by now.

Ye can still fly matchday from Prestwick to Warsaw for £99 or if ye can get to Stansted £25 wi Ryan air.

There are still cheap options out there for the return after the game e.g places like Krakow or poznan are only roughly 3 hour train journeys mate.

Fucksake, were an extra £160 for the same days from Prestwick!!! :(

Usual story. Never flown from Scotland for an away game yet. Belfast is usually the best option for me.

Obviously not quite as easy for those further north.

Archived