THE Rangers vs Hibernian FC Club

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word on when this is likely to be played? It not being played on the 26th July gives Hibs a bit more time to sort their shit out.

Will likely be midweek in August sometime.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it played a few days before the Hearts game.

I don't buy that whole train of thought. A trophy's a trophy and pumping The Rangers out of the first round and pretty much ending their hopes of ever winning it would be absolutely glorious.

Plus there's novelty factor to winning The Ramsdens and everyone knows it's all about the humour.

Can't wait for this now, defiantly going, are the The Rangers football club fans planning on boycotting this or is it only when they come to our great stadium for the second time in their history with there 0% record of winning there?

Can't wait for this now, defiantly going, are the The Rangers football club fans planning on boycotting this or is it only when they come to our great stadium for the second time in their history with there 0% record of winning there?

so our percentage of wins there is not to far off hibs record at easter road either ?

8)

It'll be interesting to see how we compete against Hibs, i'm guessing that both teams have squads of similar level players and we'll see if we're sharper than we were against Dundee utd.

Ally has stop shoe horning McCulloch into the team now as we won't get away with it against Hibs/Hearts and the better championship teams.

It'll be interesting to see how we compete against Hibs, i'm guessing that both teams have squads of similar level players and we'll see if we're sharper than we were against Dundee utd.

Ally has stop shoe horning McCulloch into the team now as we won't get away with it against Hibs/Hearts and the better championship teams.

I think Rangers are a cert to beat us atm, we still need to sign 4-5 STARTERS in our team, we're a bit behind on where we should be.

I think Rangers are a cert to beat us atm, we still need to sign 4-5 STARTERS in our team, we're a bit behind on where we should be.

You certainly are. Is that because of season ticket sales? I still believe Hibs will finish third but they really need to improve the quality at the team. They are long way behind Rangers and Hearts at this point. At this rate, Falkirk could possibly squeeze Hibs into fourth.

As for the Challenge Cup, is it honestly a tournament you'd want to progress in anyway? Would they have a squad capable of competing in four cups simultaneously? Is it worth playing Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday which would likely affect the clubs ability to win consistently in the Championship? I certainly don't want Rangers to be in that situation.

It's not a real trophy. It's a pre-season friendly tournament for some extra cash for non-Premiership teams which gets played through the season to give it extra credibility.

That's just ignorant rubbish.

It's been around for almost quarter of a century now and came into being following the success of similar tournaments in England.

It's not my favourite competition in the calendar, but it does have meaning.

Even before the final got shifted to the spring, the tournament occupied the same parts of the calendar that the League Cup used to.

That you treat it with characteristic contempt does not matter.

The fact that Rangers supporters on here aren't bothered about winning competitive fixtures really just highlights how cretinous the majority of their support are.

Oh, they're bothered alright. They just playing it down after their last efforts. This does not impinge on their cretinous-nous though.

Giving this one a miss. Every time i have been to Ibrox we've lost :(

I've only been once and we got hammered, I was so hungover as well which made it even worse :lol:

Been to Park Heed once and we won, it was the game Danny G scored the winner. I was sat in the Celtic end and it was awkward as f**k, the Celtic fans were going nuts at Mowbray and throwing their scarfs on the pitch. I couldn't celebrate for obvious reasons and was jealous watching the small group of hibs fans having a great time :lol:

Archived