THE Rangers vs Hibernian FC Club

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now I would have to go for a comfortable victory for Rangers as Hibs have yet to rebuild!

But they might put a good together and get the win. (albeit Rangers would most likely still be favourites)

However, as I've said, this is not a tournament that either Hibs or Rangers should want to progress in. It's detrimental to Rangers/Hibs title challenge. I'd rather Rangers didn't have a midweek game in a nonsensical cup when there's important league games on the Saturday/Sunday.

The teams should use the tournament as an opportunity to give a game to some of the players not in the starting line-up.

I know you are on a fishing trip , but I will give you the first bite ! ;)

This just sums up exactly why everyone detests the OF and The Rangers in particular.

Absolutely no respect for the lower leagues whatsoever .

Is this to deflect from the fact that The Rangers have failed to win this tournament for the last 2 seasons despite having alledgedly the best and most expensively paid playing squad in the bottom 3 leagues ?

This just sums up exactly why everyone detests the OF and The Rangers in particular.

Absolutely no respect for the lower leagues whatsoever .

Is this to deflect from the fact that The Rangers have failed to win this tournament for the last 2 seasons despite having allegedly the best and most expensively paid playing squad in the bottom 3 leagues ?

I have respect for the lower league teams, absolutely I do. What I have no respect for is the Challenge Cup.

It's not a real trophy. It's a pre-season friendly tournament for some extra cash for non-Premiership teams which gets played through the season to give it extra credibility.

I have respect for the lower league teams, absolutely I do. What I have no respect for is the Challenge Cup.

It's not a real trophy. It's a pre-season friendly tournament for some extra cash for non-Premiership teams which gets played through the season to give it extra credibility.

rangers_2877267b.jpg

Of course you do !!! 8)

Remember , you lot are a non - Premiership team as well and have the prospect of being one for another season at least.

This may well be your one and only chance of winning a national tournament again this season and possibly next season too.......... if the financial side holds itself together of course !

At least show some humility for the farcical predicament your club now finds itself in !

We're used to that. For decades other clubs have gave that little bit extra against us.

In the long run, we always come out on top.

With Miller (pen) Boyd ( pen ) back and a home draw AGAIN ;) YER set up again . ;)

my prediction is a thread full of non rangers and hibs fans with a bralt overspill feel to it mixed in with the usual hibs and hearts nonsense. que numerous "yer deed , naw were no patter " and "5-1" "1902" pish with numerous gifs. other fans will appear and post there numerous shite i.e karl fletcher , wisbit and shull and will probably just be ignored by most.

as for the game rangers should win , but I wouldnt put it past us to bottle the fucking thing

Quite a few of your own fans seem to disagree.

There was quite a crowd at Easter Road for the final and a lot of booing after.

You are a lower league team, you've never not been a lower league team.

Quite a few of your own fans seem to disagree.

There was quite a crowd at Easter Road for the final and a lot of booing after.

Each fan is entitled to their own opinion on the matter.

I never even watched the game and I would usually never miss a cup final.

But going back to the match against Hibs, hopefully McCoist gives non-first team players an opportunity. I'm not even 100% sure Hibs will play a full strength team either. They might do for the bragging rights and to gain a psychological advantage in the title race, which would be more important than the Challenge Cup itself.

We're used to that. For decades other clubs have gave that little bit extra against us.

In the long run, we always come out on top.

Yep, right. Remind me how many times you've attempted to win this cup or whatever it was called previously!

my prediction is a thread full of non rangers and hibs fans with a bralt overspill feel to it mixed in with the usual hibs and hearts nonsense. que numerous "yer deed , naw were no patter " and "5-1" "1902" pish with numerous gifs. other fans will appear and post there numerous shite i.e karl fletcher , wisbit and shull and will probably just be ignored by most.

as for the game rangers should win , but I wouldnt put it past us to bottle the fucking thing

That's what you get when your team is renowned not for the football but off the field shenanegins and triumphalism.

When there is just a wee bit of humility shown and the club itself starts behaving in a responsible businesslike manner , then people might start to take you all seriously. Until then .......Suck it up !

This isn't something I'll say many times in my life, but I agree with The Rangers fans here.

My interest in Hibs winning this is at absolutely 0%. I think Hibs got lucky that the Challenge Cup wasn't on last time they were in the lower leagues. For Hibs (and even The Rangers to a lesser degree), the only thing winning this tournament does is to serve as a reminder that we fucked it up and ended up outside the Premiership.

People can call it arrogant if they like but it isn't, I know Hibs are shite and we deserve to be where we are, still doesn't make me care about this. I'll have said before I'd want us to pump The Rangers if it was a game of tiddlywinks and this is the real life version of that, so of course it'll be mon the Hibs on the day. However, if/when we lose the seethe will be extremely minimal, verging on non-existent, which I didn't think would be the case when we played them for the first ever time.

P.S, anyone who thinks we'll play a "B-team" hasn't seen our squad. 11 starters and 3 subs is what we could put together right now, and someone would have to have a go in goals.

I have little confidence in McCoists ability to mastermind his way out of a wet paper bag even if he had written instructions but Hibs are such a shambles at this juncture than we should put them out. Tougher tests, like Elgin City, surely await. Be great to see Boyd back though.

Archived