Gary O Connor for Preston Athletic ?

funnyoldgame

A guy at work said he heard that Gary O Connor might be going to train/sign with Preston Athletic. If this were true it would be fantastic for the club and the supporters, he is a local lad after all and he would certainly draw the crowds.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was and still is a great player and would bang in the goals if he were to go there.

He really, really isn't.

There is still the occasional flash of his old ability with a great first touch or a great piece of awareness, but on the rare occasion he shows these little pieces of skill he can do nothing to follow it up as he genuinely can't run. This isn't a case of just needing more games to get fit either: he's fucked his body so much he's not going to progress beyond this level of fitness. He's completely finished.

He would be a great signing for Preston Athletic, I don't know any of the players they have at the moment but could you imagine the experience and knowledge that he could pass on as well as the fact he was/is a great player and would get goals. Not to mention the fact that he is from Preston Pans ( I think), the fans would love it. It would get plenty of publicity for the club and the league.

A guy at work said he heard that Gary O Connor might be going to train/sign with Preston Athletic. If this were true it would be fantastic for the club and the supporters, he is a local lad after all and he would certainly draw the crowds.

He'll draw the crowds alright, he's so fucking huge they'll orbit him.

A bit of training might get him in to shape, he will never lose his ability

As the Morton fan posted above he looked done the 2 games he played against us, in fact in our game at Cappielow he was blowing out of his arse after about 10 minutes and was trying to get subbed holding his calf but Kenny Shiels kept him on for the 90 minutes!

Don't think he would even cut it at Lowland League level these days.

I disagree, the lowland league is a new league trying to get off the ground, someone like Gary O Connor signing for one of the teams would be great publicity not just at local level but national. It would also be fantastic for the club aswell, money is thin on the ground at most clubs and Gary O Connor would generate income from fans coming to see him both at home and away. Not to mention the most important thing, he would score plenty of goals

He would be a great signing for Preston Athletic, I don't know any of the players they have at the moment but could you imagine the experience and knowledge that he could pass on as well as the fact he was/is a great player and would get goals. Not to mention the fact that he is from Preston Pans ( I think), the fans would love it. It would get plenty of publicity for the club and the league.

The only knowledge hell pass on is where all the local dealers live.

Archived