Ayrshire District League 2014/15

energyzone

Who does everyone fancy this season? Last year saw two very consistent teams promoted with another few not too far behind.

Ardrossan look as though they are making some moves and I'm quite looking forward to seeing my new local team Kilwinning at Abbey Park for the first time. Hopefully the work on the ground can be matched on the park.

Lugar and Whitletts did quite well last season for the most part - has anything significant happened at those clubs? Are there any other clubs with any interesting signings?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also heard george wallace,alan love and ricky hanvey have joined whitletts

Be surprised if Ricky had joined , has had offers from another prem team and also superleague team and wanted to play as high a league as possible still.

• 6 months later...

thought i'd revive this thread as the league is tighter than a duck's backside. It is the end of january and the buffs and winton are only split by goal difference, whitletts arent out of things neither are lugar. Reckon the title decider will be between winton and buffs, winton have won the 1st game but as for the 2nd, you couldnt split the sides with a cold chisel and 7lb lump hammer

thought i'd revive this thread as the league is tighter than a duck's backside. It is the end of january and the buffs and winton are only split by goal difference, whitletts arent out of things neither are lugar. Reckon the title decider will be between winton and buffs, winton have won the 1st game but as for the 2nd, you couldnt split the sides with a cold chisel and 7lb lump hammer

Whitletts are out of it... 4 points behind having played 3 games more, final nail in the coffin for Darvel as well today. Lugar always seem to fall away towards the end but might have a wee chance with Grierson being there now, knows what it takes to get out the league anyway.

But to be honest I reckon the promoted teams are already decided, their squads are far stronger than the rest of the league as you would expect with the available budget but especially the contacts they have accumulated... just need to see which Strain wins the league now. Fancy Winton actually.

Wouldn't say Whitletts are totally out of it that was a good win for them today against a improving Saltcoats side

But from a Kilwinning point of view we just have to concentrate on what we are doing and we will be there or thereabouts

You're being overly modest which I can understand to an extent, but Whitletts would need to win their last 6 games and, by consideration of goal difference, hope Kilwinning and WInton take less than 14 points from the last 27... Not going to happen.

Darvel well beaten today.We needed the ref to be on our side to take anything from the game,it turned out to be the opposite. Very disappointing that the reff cautioned darvel players and let Winton players away with similar tackles.

Archived