Central 1st Div 2014/2015

wishawloyal

Vale of Clyde 5-0 Ashfield

Also agree it was good to see the 3 promoted sides kick off with wins. For us yesterday it was good to get 5 goals and keep a clean sheet. If I'm really honest it should have been more with us missing a lot of chances too. We know its only 3pts and a long hard season ahead

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashfield F.C. - Lesmahagow Juniors F.C. 14:00

Bellshill Athletic F.C. - Carluke Rovers F.C. 14:00

Wishaw Juniors F.C. - Benburb F.C. 14:00

Dunipace F.C. - Maryhill F.C. 14:00

Lanark United F.C. - Vale of Clyde F.C. 14:00

Larkhall Thistle F.C. - Blantyre Victoria F.C. 14:00

St. Anthony's F.C. - Renfrew F.C. 14:00

Thoughts today lads?

I'll go for...

Ashfield F.C. 2 -2 Lesmahagow Juniors F.C.

Bellshill Athletic F.C. 3 -1 Carluke Rovers F.C.

Wishaw Juniors F.C. 2 -1 Benburb F.C.

Dunipace F.C. 2-0 Maryhill F.C.

Lanark United F.C. 1 -3 Vale of Clyde F.C.

Larkhall Thistle F.C. 0 - 2 Blantyre Victoria F.C.

St. Anthony's F.C. 2 -1 Renfrew F.C.

Dunipace 3 - Maryhill 0

Mmmm, I didnt think there were three goals in it but Hills utter ineptitude in the last third cost them big style - they could still be playing and they wouldnt have put the ball in the onion bag.

Great run down the wing and cross from Kirwin for the first to be knocked in by hat trick hero Espener.

Second saw Espener take a touch in the box and trundle it past the keeper, it was slow-motion without the need for a camera.

Third saw the same man hit a peach of a finish across the keeper and into the top corner.

Lanark 2-3 Vale of Clyde

Hard win today after a great start going 2-0 early doors. We have played far better and lost but 3pts is all that matters at the end of the day. Lanark WILL turn the corner very soon as their results aren't a true reflection on their performances

Lanark 2-3 Vale of Clyde

Hard win today after a great start going 2-0 early doors. We have played far better and lost but 3pts is all that matters at the end of the day. Lanark WILL turn the corner very soon as their results aren't a true reflection on their performances

Lanark going 2 down within 5 minutes is just suicide. Lost a goal in the first minute last week.

We then lost a 3rd goal within a minute of getting back into it at 2-1. Crazy stuff.

Impressed by VoC 7, who went off injured at ht, number 8 who struck some lovely crosses and corners and the no 6. Keeper had a couple of vg saves too.

A lot of very poor performances from Lanark today. We have only beaten Symington Amateurs all season. Time to turn the potential into some results. Not the best place to start at high flying Gow who are back at their own ground for the first time in a year. They have won the last 4 or 5 games against us so the law of averages says….

Maybe not

Lanark going 2 down within 5 minutes is just suicide. Lost a goal in the first minute last week.

We then lost a 3rd goal within a minute of getting back into it at 2-1. Crazy stuff.

Impressed by VoC 7, who went off injured at ht, number 8 who struck some lovely crosses and corners and the no 6. Keeper had a couple of vg saves too.

A lot of very poor performances from Lanark today. We have only beaten Symington Amateurs all season. Time to turn the potential into some results. Not the best place to start at high flying Gow who are back at their own ground for the first time in a year. They have won the last 4 or 5 games against us so the law of averages says….

Maybe not

cheers mate. I wish yous all the best for the rest of the season.

Maybe not

:P

BC, you're a top man, the fact that you've only beaten Symington (who, incidentally I used to play for), doesn't make me any more confident for next week but more gutted that I can't make the game, I'm up in Inveraray for the weekend. But ah fancy us for three wins out of three. Mon the Gow!

Dunipace 3 - Maryhill 0

Mmmm, I didnt think there were three goals in it but Hills utter ineptitude in the last third cost them big style - they could still be playing and they wouldnt have put the ball in the onion bag.

Great run down the wing and cross from Kirwin for the first to be knocked in by hat trick hero Espener.

Second saw Espener take a touch in the box and trundle it past the keeper, it was slow-motion without the need for a camera.

Third saw the same man hit a peach of a finish across the keeper and into the top corner.

Heard a lot of good things about the form of Ritchie Kirwin,never understood why Greg let him go at the Albion.Im sure a few clubs will be keeping an eye on him.

Gow 2 - LANARK 1

Barnes made an excellent save in first 20 seconds. Started where he left off in our last match.

Gow went 1 up in about 35 minutes after Lanark had most of the play.

Lanark gave away a stupid penalty in 48 minutes which our keeper saved excellently.

Kris Jarvie, who had his best game for us today then struck a penalty against the Gow post. We equalised in 80th minute and then preceded to lose the winner in the very next minute, which is typical Lanark.

Thought a point would have been fair today. Despite having lost 3 games I still see lots of potential in Lanark. We did not play badly today.

Gow central pair were solid. Barnsey excellent. I like the Gow No 7 Darryl?

I always enjoy watching games at the Gow ground. It looked in great nick today and was nice to hear the delight of the locals to be back where they belong.

My pre match bridie was excellent and was piping hot, which I complemented the ladies on.

We have lost our first 3 league games but, I am not despondent. We have a very young team and we try to play football. What we don't have is the ability to grind things out when we have to. Gow did that yesterday. They didn't play particularly well but, to their credit, they came away with all 3 points.

If we tighten up a bit and practice our dead ball delivery to hurt teams more, we should be ok. No need to hit the panic button, yet.

Renfrew 3 Ashfield 1

Renfrew looked the more promising in the early exchanges but could not find the net. Another chance went abegging in the 44th minute and Ashfield raced up the park and took the lead with a cool well placed finish. 'Frew were stunned and came out full of purpose in the second half. Ashfield were holding firm but eventually the equaliser came when Forbes squeezed a shot in. 'Frew went ahead when Forbes was judged to have been fouled in the box and Arthur sent the keeper the wrong way from the spot. Well on top 'now 'Frew finished strongly and sealed the result when Arthur bulleted home a header from a Forbes cross.

Ashfield will be disappointed in taking nothing from the game after their bright start but fell out of it a bit in the second half and looked well beaten in the end.

The score really flattered Bellshill in an even but fairly scrappy first half ended nil nil. Tin pail then stepped up a gear with a few chances took the lead and then fell out of the game completely, with Dolan then pulling the strings they equalised and in the last eight minutes scored three times when vale heads went down suprisingly easy. Quite alarming after winning first two games and losing two in a row the rot will have to stop. No excuses but without Stevenson and Cochrane in midfield vale can be ordinary with two weeks till next game time for Joel and Hassan to get fit and the midfielders to return.

Archived