Central 1st Div 2014/2015

wishawloyal

Went to the beltane today for the Wishaw game. Missed the first 10 mins but what I saw today were two teamsw working hard and trying their best but on today's performance fear for both teams. That all said despite a game without a nasty challenge in it the ref who was sh###, sent off 5 players. Three larkhall and two Wishaw. It is about time that some of these referees realised that whilst they are not good enough to be players they are not good enough to be refs either. This 2 foot 4 Mussolini character ruined a perfectly good game. Gave a penalty for a last man challenge which was never a penalty but failed to send off the Wishaw centre half who has last man in the centre of the goals. Wishaw loyal who scored the Wishaw goals? Cheeky flick for the second goal! Players names? As might take them to 1st division next year. Sent two players off who walked off laughing at the joke of a referee. Wishaw sub got sent off who according to everyone walking off the park one cleanly. Reckon it would have been even tighter and great game to watch had it been refed correctly

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea how Lanark managed to draw that game today despite playing an hour a man up.

Never took advantage of the space on offer until late in the game when the team started to spread the play.

Lanark reduced to 10 men late on, left back crudely booted when Lanark were on the break and sent off for his reaction it would seem.

St Ants an absolute gang as usual, every game against them is marred by the same incidents and bully boy tactics.

it was a ridiculous tackle on hanlon near the end could have done some serious damage to the lad. I agree st ants were a gang just trying to bully theyre opponents they werent in the game i think the young lanark keeper had one save to make up until the equaliser. I believe the game was recorded i wonder if tht incident will be in the highlights.

Lanark are eventually going to get a break .Where did the ref get 10 minutes added on from? The ref chris gentles has previous of this. Very poor performance As per from him and he was easily intimidated. The standard of referee in this league is not great but I'm yet to see this guy have a good game. Onwards and upwards for Lanark they need a win next week.

Lanark are eventually going to get a break .Where did the ref get 10 minutes added on from? The ref chris gentles has previous of this. Very poor performance As per from him and he was easily intimidated. The standard of referee in this league is not great but I'm yet to see this guy have a good game. Onwards and upwards for Lanark they need a win next week.

10 minutes added on was for the incident in the dying minutes the young lad hanlon had to recieve treatment for 4 or 5 minutes for the the horrendous off the ball tackle and when he stood up he was shown a straight red for what i believe was having a go at the centre half that commited the act. The referee was very poor he lost control of the game and was flashing cards nearly every foul given.

Another win for Carluke against Dunipace on a heavy heavy pitch, and i have to say having watched them a few times recently their young keeper is an asset along with the strikers Smillie & Watt...really good work ethic as a team and good mix of experience and youth.

St Ants 1 Lanark 1

Lanark were the better side in the 1st half, scoring one and missing another very good chance, without playing that well. St Ants did not play well but actually improved after they lost a player for a 2nd yellow before half time.

For the first 20 minutes of 2nd half you would not have known we had a man more. St Ants confidence increased as the game progressed. We did not stretch the game and use the space that was available on a good surface and which suited our runners. A 2nd would have killed them off. Sub Nicky Millar tried to chip the giant keeper when through one on one and we missed couple of other excellent chances. Our keeper had one save to make late on.

We made an excellent break and our full back Paul Hanlon was cynically chopped down by a player who should have already been off the park for off the ball kicking. Incident was behind the ref who could take no action. Hanlon has said something whilst being treated and he ends up getting a red card!! Despite being threatened by a St Ants player whilst he was being helped off - no further action taken.

The ref played just over 9 minutes of injury time. With the above incident and substitutions I cannot see how he could have gone beyond 5 minutes. St Ants, to their credit, equalised in the 8th minute of injury time. Our team was far more culpable for the result than the ref.

Yesterday summed up supporting Lanark over the years. We never grind out a result when not playing well, we create and miss good chances and we are always prone to losing a silly goal. Suppose that is why I enjoy the excitement.

As for St Ant's - their linesmen kept telling me "it's a mans game". I do think some yellows are dished out too easily these days but, there is playing tough and there is going over a line which is what I always expect and am rarely disappointed when playing this Club. Lost count of the yellow cards they received.

A thought a point was about correct,,,a think, use are gettin, a wee bit excited to,,,,the first, 3 booking s was for moaning at ref,for fouls we should have got,the sending off,ure boy injured our player and screamed like Ned Flanders,n got him sent off,,in my eyes,there wasn't any bad tackles all game,,so a find it strange,that use get upset,

A point correct? lol Cotter u canny be serious. Methinks your looking through green tinted specs even a couple of neutrals have said Lanark dominated the game. I understand u sticking up for ur team but come on your team tried to provoke a reaction from Lanarks players for the entire 2nd half to even up the numbers. And i suppose yous succeeded when we had a man sent off and u equalised in the 9 mins added on for a cynical foul by ur player! Think they need to look at the retaliation law when the victim ends up being sent off. Dont know where the ref found 9 mins, for me 5 or 6 mins tops wouldve sufficed. But its our own fault we didnt win, should've been out of sight long before the end.

Went to the beltane today for the Wishaw game. Missed the first 10 mins but what I saw today were two teamsw working hard and trying their best but on today's performance fear for both teams. That all said despite a game without a nasty challenge in it the ref who was sh###, sent off 5 players. Three larkhall and two Wishaw. It is about time that some of these referees realised that whilst they are not good enough to be players they are not good enough to be refs either. This 2 foot 4 Mussolini character ruined a perfectly good game. Gave a penalty for a last man challenge which was never a penalty but failed to send off the Wishaw centre half who has last man in the centre of the goals. Wishaw loyal who scored the Wishaw goals? Cheeky flick for the second goal! Players names? As might take them to 1st division next year. Sent two players off who walked off laughing at the joke of a referee. Wishaw sub got sent off who according to everyone walking off the park one cleanly. Reckon it would have been even tighter and great game to watch had it been refed correctly

. Also meant to add I thought the Wishaw keeper was superb not that he had a lot of shot stopping to do but he came and collected every cross and was sweeping well at the back.

A point correct? lol Cotter u canny be serious. Methinks your looking through green tinted specs even a couple of neutrals have said Lanark dominated the game. I understand u sticking up for ur team but come on your team tried to provoke a reaction from Lanarks players for the entire 2nd half to even up the numbers. And i suppose yous succeeded when we had a man sent off and u equalised in the 9 mins added on for a cynical foul by ur player! Think they need to look at the retaliation law when the victim ends up being sent off. Dont know where the ref found 9 mins, for me 5 or 6 mins tops wouldve sufficed. But its our own fault we didnt win, should've been out of sight long before the end.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a thought the ref should have played more, time,with the amount of time wasting n players kidding on they were injured,,n as st ants say blatant hand ball,in box,n stamp on our player which led to your goal,,,a thought lanark had the best chances, n tyres to be to cocky in front of goal,,but when u play with 10 men for over a hour,u would take the point,,also it's the first time I have ever seen a player get 6 stud marks in his thigh n lanark boy, scream s n dives,n player who gets assaulted,,gets sent aff,,,but a don't moan a just get on with it,,

A thought a point was about correct,,,a think, use are gettin, a wee bit excited to,,,,the first, 3 booking s was for moaning at ref,for fouls we should have got,the sending off,ure boy injured our player and screamed like Ned Flanders,n got him sent off,,in my eyes,there wasn't any bad tackles all game,,so a find it strange,that use get upset,

Was it louder than this,bud? :huh:

. Also meant to add I thought the Wishaw keeper was superb not that he had a lot of shot stopping to do but he came and collected every cross and was sweeping well at the back.

Would have to agree with you, I thought Sandy was fantastic yesterday! Alan was superb in goals for larkhall too!

If the ants are a gang then junior fitba is is in real trouble lads!! They play honest hard working fitba we can't all buy superstars and need to get by with local talent with hearts of gold if that's not gd enough then most junior teams are fucked!!

If the ants are a gang then junior fitba is is in real trouble lads!! They play honest hard working fitba we can't all buy superstars and need to get by with local talent with hearts of gold if that's not gd enough then most junior teams are fucked!!

Junior football is indeed f--cked if that conduct is condoned and lauded.

Archived