Central 2nd Division 2014/15

tambothejambo

We were poor last two saturdays. Hopefully thats the kick in the arse the boys need to realise we aint as good as some of us believe we are, believing our own hype a little me thinks. Hope this reality check will put us in a better position kicking into the new year because if we get our act together we are still right in the mix for promotion. Cambuslang as u say were ruthless ,but on the day were miles ahead of our performance anyway, unfortunately thats been the case so far against every team thats in the mix with us and thats not good enough and must be sorted, hopefully we bounce back, have alot of big games comming up and this is probably gony sound ridiculous but our home park doesnt suit us at all, so i for 1 am kinda glad that we have to play most of the teams still around us away from home should make for a better second half of the season for us i hope.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were poor last two saturdays. Hopefully thats the kick in the arse the boys need to realise we aint as good as some of us believe we are, believing our own hype a little me thinks. Hope this reality check will put us in a better position kicking into the new year because if we get our act together we are still right in the mix for promotion. Cambuslang as u say were ruthless ,but on the day were miles ahead of our performance anyway, unfortunately thats been the case so far against every team thats in the mix with us and thats not good enough and must be sorted, hopefully we bounce back, have alot of big games comming up and this is probably gony sound ridiculous but our home park doesnt suit us at all, so i for 1 am kinda glad that we have to play most of the teams still around us away from home should make for a better second half of the season for us i hope.

I think Port Glasgow were unfortunate to catch us on one of our good days.

Although we're well placed in the league at the moment , I'm sure our co managers Paddy Flannery & John Doyle would concede that our form has been really patchy lately.

Scored 5 on saturday , 6 against newmains & 7 against vale of leven recently , but also losing a few games & a couple of narrow wins which required coming from behind both times.

We've got a few key players out long term , so we can't have too many complaints I suppose.

I reckon the Port will be there or thereabouts at the business end of the season.

Woeful was maybe a bit of a strong word to use, certainly wasn't a good performance.

I'm confident the team can bounce back and get a result this saturday

Would have to say the result against Cambuslang didnt surprise me. Think Port are woeful and are also very over rated and will be found out tommorra. They were luck against us at the start of the season and cant wait to pick up 3 points tommorra. Never came across as many arogant players in the game that are of no great standard.

Mon the Forth

Would have to say the result against Cambuslang didnt surprise me. Think Port are woeful and are also very over rated and will be found out tommorra. They were luck against us at the start of the season and cant wait to pick up 3 points tommorra. Never came across as many arogant players in the game that are of no great standard.

Mon the Forth

Haha, tool

Mon the Forth

Wow ...sure the forth players and management must be delighted with you fella . Looking forward to the match should be good, usually quite close games. Btw u talk of arogance then say cant wait to pick up 3 points tomoz against a woeful port team ???? all the best mate

3 losses on the bounce for the port now, Forth looked good in the first half and went 3-0 up early in the second half, nugent pulled one back then forth went down to ten men, last half hour was all port glasgow and despite sharpe scoring with ten to go the port had left themselves with too much to do, forth defended well against wave after wave of attack.

Need to get back to winning ways asap.

Well done Forth.

• 2 weeks later...

Great article in the Evening Times yesterday about St Rochs and the 16 year old who has joined their committee. Brilliant to see a young person take, not only an interest in their local junior team. but also showing an interest in helping to run it.

• 1 month later...

Archived