World Cup Shirts

Dave1875

Anyone bought any of the shirts of the teams/countries in the World Cup?

I've been left extremely disappointed; bought the Germany home shirt of Amazon (probably not the best idea to start with), it arrives and I find that the top of the Germany badge (just under the stars) is peeling away from the shirt.

Sending it back but I'm not sure where to get one without paying a bomb. Tried looking in the Sports Direct in Aberdeen (Union Street) but they didn't have it. Anyone in Aberdeen know if the Kittybrewster store might have one since they've got more floor space and therefore a much wider football shirt selection.

Main reason for my disappointment is my work (Asda) is allowing us to wear World Cup jerseys, so either the home or away shirts of the participating countries or the shirts they sell via George

Adidas direct looks a good bet - 15% off when ordered from their website.

I still baulk a bit at knocking out 150 Bosnian marks (£65) for what is essentially a polyester T shirt with an ironed-on badge on it. I will wait until after the world cup when prices drop back to something a little more normal- my old LEGEA top will do for tonight's last Bosnia game.

Like the blue adidas top though.

I got an Argentina top for £27 out of Sports Direct, just before the World Cup started. I assumed it was an older top because of the price, but no, it is the most recent top.

I was looking at other ones in other places but when they were all double the price, my mind was made for me. Will probably have a look again post-World Cup after the prices go back down to "normal" levels.

Fred Perry did special World Cup polos in 2010 for a number of the teams; when the teams were knocked out, the prices halved to a more manageable £30. They did mention the 2010 WC in the embroidery.

They have them for 9 of the sides this year (without specifically mentioning the year or WC in the embroidery) but I haven't checked if they are doing the sale deal on the sides who are out.

Archived