All Hurlford United Chat 2014/15

Killiepiyo

Talbot surely cannot be as bad as that for the rest of the season. Hurlford were the better team until the second red and for times after that. Gormley is done at that level and Spence must have been up late with his buddies at George Square because he appeared hungover.

As for Hurlford, well two needless reds and you're never going to win. I hope those two apologised profusely afterwards.

Couldn't make the game yesterday but I defo won't b taking your access meant of the game in. I wonder how many Talbot games you have taken in this season so far but to say Gormley is past it is a total joke and just shows you up to be a total fanny

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done talbot today.

A real junior club that will forever last the distance and shall be sustainable took the three points today.

Well done talbot over these " we are better than the Ardagh cup " hurlford upstarts.

fishing again mark

Individual discipline let Hurlford down, but IMO Talbot were the better side on the day 11 v 11.

Ford can take some comfort from their work-rate in the 2nd half and not conceding with 10 or 9 men was a good team effort - they even pressed in the first 15 minutes of the second half with 10 men.

No just pointing out that talbot remain the benchmark Craig while we all need to aspire to it. ;)

Beith conceded 6 goals to Talbot in 45 minutes with 10 men, I amazed you can see the bench, never mind the mark!

Beith conceded 6 goals to Talbot in 45 minutes with 10 men, I amazed you can see the bench, never mind the mark!

And your point is?

Was kind of wondering that myself. :huh:

Surely the fact that they hammered us lends even more weight to my opinion of them being the benchmark and the club we all need to aspire to.

Well done talbot today.

A real junior club that will forever last the distance and shall be sustainable took the three points today.

Well done talbot over these " we are better than the Ardagh cup " hurlford upstarts. :)

fishing again mark

No just pointing out that talbot remain the benchmark Craig while we all need to aspire to it. ;)

Just making the point that you spout provocative "bigger than the Ardagh" cup p1sh!

And then when you get pulled up about it, you try to validate it as some form of Talbot brown-nosing.

Everybody at Hurlford knows that Talbot are the "benchmark" and have a structure that will last the distance, but your "bigger than the Ardagh" guff isn't commenting on that. It sounds like you think Hurlford should not have exercised their right to cancel a match before an away trip in the Scottish Senior Cup. They fulfilled all their fixtures and cannot be held responsible for the SJFA fixture secretary not taking into account that there could be cup replays. Of course, others were affected by this (Largs, Kilbirnie & Medda) but Hurlford did nothing wrong.

My benchmark analogy was probably a bit misguided - what I should have suggested was that you stick your "bigger than the Ardagh" comment where the sun don't shine; as then it could at least keep your brain company.

I think Hertha was relating to the Largs game where you fielded a weakened team and got horsed.

Correct dipple and what a rattled response from my German colleague that is German exile. :huh:

He got a tad excited there and I was alluding to the hurlford fans remarks on here which were rather derogatory towards the Ardagh cup ( a trophy that they would have dreamed about winning only three years ago ) :huh: :huh:

Them fielding a weakened team against Largs and the tripe about not caring about the horsing was another point that I was also relating to. ;)

Just making the point that you spout provocative "bigger than the Ardagh" cup p1sh!

And then when you get pulled up about it, you try to validate it as some form of Talbot brown-nosing.

Everybody at Hurlford knows that Talbot are the "benchmark" and have a structure that will last the distance, but your "bigger than the Ardagh" guff isn't commenting on that. It sounds like you think Hurlford should not have exercised their right to cancel a match before an away trip in the Scottish Senior Cup. They fulfilled all their fixtures and cannot be held responsible for the SJFA fixture secretary not taking into account that there could be cup replays. Of course, others were affected by this (Largs, Kilbirnie & Medda) but Hurlford did nothing wrong.

My benchmark analogy was probably a bit misguided - what I should have suggested was that you stick your "bigger than the Ardagh" comment where the sun don't shine; as then it could at least keep your brain company.

Hurlford fan(s) were saying they didn't care about Ardagh as has been said a cup they struggled to even get out groups a few seasons ago and would have love to have won before their new sponsors came along so just....

post-16252-14118011366672_thumb.jpg

My opinion of the ardagh cup dosnt reflect what the other Hurlford fans think BTW hertha n Shannon. I've Never been a fan of the ardagh cup and never will.

Same here mate.Get yer club to vote to get rid of it.Hurlford were quite right to put Scottish tie ahead of Ardagh Cup,wasn't their fault West Region had no foresight to see there may have been problems with fixtures.It affected Kilbirbie but no blame attached to 'Ford.

Archived