Irvine Meadow

Shannon

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope just been a fan for 20 odd years

Yeah very good mate , meadow fan of 20 years with ashfield as his team but wait you were born in possil and somehow come up with a link to meadow ha, no mention of meadow in your user name of avatar , run off the team like that from saturday . On to defend the team right away after a wee bit of stick. Away and try pick up some more glasgow players for the meadow then you can go the full hog and just rename them Glasgow Medda .

Below - You seem to know a lot of what rankin has been saying before his first season in charge has even taken place hmmmmmm , yet of course your just a meadow supporter of 20 years and thats all.

This is getting a bit boring this whole ashf ooops medda. I think medda will b decent this year and I think rankin told the ashfield boys that he was leaving with p/o and cup games to b played which affected the boys that's my say. Think they will do well.

See if you read my comment. Rankin told the boys with league games to go so I think that affected them big time. I know it might have game them a boost to go out on a high but don't think so.

aren't you related to a player? you'll know more than me.

Exactly not many :)

This a rediculious. Yes a shock result but it's pre season. It's all about game time for players. Medda played well last few games and people saying medda look very strong this year and now because of one defeat they're now saying not good enough. Some people just don't know what they are talking about.

Starting 11 was goalkeeper stepping in for hall and shep. Rb Bucky, lb Sidney, cb Twads and Staunts. Rm deas lm McCann cm Thomo Murch. Hall and Mclaughlin up top.

Who said we aren't good enough after 1 defeat in a freindly?

Just you worry about staying up in the super 1st this year mate

Yeah great reply , very good . We will stay up don't you worry about that even if you did take our two of our more influential players.

You won't be giving two monkeys about ashfield going down will you , take there best players move on to a ' bigger ' club that's all that matters to you or your son. Far more respect for the old boys who keep the field going thats for sure , real junior men with a backbone who stick with there club through thick and thin .

Yeah great reply , very good . We will stay up don't you worry about that even if you did take our two of our more influential players.

You won't be giving two monkeys about ashfield going down will you , take there best players move on to a ' bigger ' club that's all that matters to you or your son. Far more respect for the old boys who keep the field going thats for sure , real junior men with a backbone who stick with there club through thick and thin .

You really have no clue. I have not got any boys. Just one girl.

Bit unfair on the lads that left the Field to Irvine. Most of them had been with the club for a number of years taking us from the depths of Junior football to the Super Premier. These guys, including the management, gave me some of my best years as a supporter. Yes they moved on, to which we are suffering now from it and by all accounts Irvine a seeping the rewards, especially from a successful last season but to say they don't have a backbone is tad unfair. I'd gladly welcome these guys back at Saracen, in a heartbeat.

Bit unfair on the lads that left the Field to Irvine. Most of them had been with the club for a number of years taking us from the depths of Junior football to the Super Premier. These guys, including the management, gave me some of my best years as a supporter. Yes they moved on, to which we are suffering now from it and by all accounts Irvine a seeping the rewards, especially from a successful last season but to say they don't have a backbone is tad unfair. I'd gladly welcome these guys back at Saracen, in a heartbeat.

Good to see that attitude, after yet another attempt by RobRoyGuy to cause upset between two clubs which he doesn't support.

You don't take players you ask them if they want to come then they make up there own minds wits the big deal

For once we agree. Players, unless they are under contract, are free to move wherever they want, and this business of "taking" players from a club is a nonsense. Nobody can "take" a contracted player from a club without that club's consent.

Awe naw , did you no moan when glens players bolted to peasie

I think you'll find that I did not. As disappointed as I was over the events, I recognised that the players were free agents and were going to follow the managers they had been successful with, and those who were retained at the time were also going to go when Peasy paid the agreed compensation.

Been watching this topic develop all day. Bottom line is those players and management deserved a shot at the big time. Meadow are on a total different level to what Ashfield were on. It's plain and simple, if you get the chance to test urself at a higher level then 99% of people jump at the opportunity. You see it in every level of football, from premiership to amateurs. It's probably took a bit more commitment for the Ashfield boys with travelling etc so I think robroyguy that u are not seeing the big picture here.

Archived