Irvine Meadow

Shannon

Wasn't there but we won 1-0, Sawyers with the injury time goal

Expect a few more of them this season from him, never switches off even in injury time, always sniffing about ready to capitalise on defenders switching off.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A tap in from a yard out with the last kick of the ball.

Sounds about right ! Every team needs someone like that . Disappointed he left us but understood the situation and hope he gets a good run or games with meadow and does well and with Deas.

Problem Rankin has wth sawyers is he needs to play every week . Start leaving him out of games or bringing him on as a sub here and there then you have the sawyers pollok had.

Btw that goal sums up Sawyers really well , holds it up lays it off , dart into the box and a wee finish from close in.

Think both teams will agree, it was a great workout.

Lang from a defensive point of view and Medda from attacking.

They made our back 4 work hard and thats what they needed.

Keepers had very little to do though, all keepers that is.

Think both teams will agree, it was a great workout.

Lang from a defensive point of view and Medda from attacking.

They made our back 4 work hard and thats what they needed.

Keepers had very little to do though, all keepers that is.

That medda left full back dodged not one but two red cards last night,

One for lifting his hands then a ridiculous lunge early in the second half & then got involved with an old guy in the crowd who laughed at him for a wayward shot at goal. He was replaced not long after.

Apart from him I thought the medda were excellent.

I took in last nights game at cambuslang and both teams were given a good workout. As mentioned before the game was dominated by meadow, which was expected and if it wasn't for the lang goalkeeper it could of been 2 or 3 in the first half. Meadow had all the ball and were impressive with there passing and interchange in play. Thought both meadow full backs were impressive going forward, although Halliday could of easily seen red in each half. Keenan and Murch seem to be developing a great partnership in the middle of the park with Murch supporting the front to more often. The meadow front men was what impressed me the most. Hall looks almost unplayable when he drops in and turns. Always has a trick and the movement from Paul mc was impressive also. Found out last night that Paul mc hasn't played in 3 months so if that's him at half fitness he will be a real asset to meadow. Won't get carried away with this performance if I was a meadow fan as it was against a side much weaker to what they will face every week but some good early signs. Cambuslang were given a hard time in the first half but second half done very well. Were much better organised defensively and kept the ball a bit better. I think once the lang get the boy paddy from the ants some more games he could be a real threat, aswell as hammy. Enjoyed the game as a whole and great to see willy sawyers doing what he does best. Off to beith I think on Wednesday.

Finished 6-0 to Meadow with Maxwell x2, Deas x2, Sawyers and Hall on the scoresheet. Could've been more had it not been for the poor stand side linesman. A couple of terrible decisions from him. Greenock had a man sent off for a tackle from behind. Another good performance from the new boys especially Ryan Deas. Rankin will have a massive selection headache once the real action gets underway.

Best of luck to Greenock for the season ahead.

This a rediculious. Yes a shock result but it's pre season. It's all about game time for players. Medda played well last few games and people saying medda look very strong this year and now because of one defeat they're now saying not good enough. Some people just don't know what they are talking about.

Starting 11 was goalkeeper stepping in for hall and shep. Rb Bucky, lb Sidney, cb Twads and Staunts. Rm deas lm McCann cm Thomo Murch. Hall and Mclaughlin up top.

Archived