Irvine Meadow

Shannon

Looking forward to watching Ryan Deas playing at Medda Park.

Medda will score a few from set pieces this season, through Mark Thompson, Ryan Deas, & the best dead ball kicker in the game Mark Sideserf.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to seeing how Glencairn (still missing quite a few players) shape up against a strong-looking Irvine Meadow in a friendly at our place tomorrow night. It'll be a big test for us, but a good one at this stage of our pre-season.

If that's not a title winning squad then what is?? Meadow pushed talbot last year and infact beat them on 2 out of 3 meeting. That's squad for me has everything in it. Question is will they all gel together. But definitely a title winning squad

Just my opinion looking from outside. They will come close. I don't think they have a keeper like Talbot have who can keep clean sheets and win them games when they don't play well. Also really good defenders but not sure against the top teams they can keep the goals conceded down to win a title.

If that's not a title winning squad then what is?? Meadow pushed talbot last year and infact beat them on 2 out of 3 meeting. That's squad for me has everything in it. Question is will they all gel together. But definitely a title winning squad

Just my opinion looking from outside. They will come close. I don't think they have a keeper like Talbot have who can keep clean sheets and win them games when they don't play well. Also really good defenders but not sure against the top teams they can keep the goals conceded down to win a title.

I think u are right about the goalkeepers. The boy Steven Hall was a but suspect last year at times. Although he did save a penalty against Bo'ness in Scottish. I don't think talbot will be as formidable defensively without Pettigrew as they were. For me meadow have the team to go and win one of the big prizes but at the same time Talbot have the experience and have been there and done it all. Also hurlford will be stronger and hungrier after winning the Scottish last year. Both talbot and hurlford will be in the senior Scottish which could work in meadows favour. Tough league but those 3 I think are just above the rest

Is Graeme Shepard still playing with Irvine meadow?

Yeah he is and in my biased opinion one of the best keepers in our league. Was one of our first signings in the summer.

He done well, never shy'd from getting the ball and loved to drive forward.

Aye he looked good. Doubt we'll sign him as we already have enough players in.

Second best keeper behind andy leishman but Graeme is a class act and great shot stopper.

He just needs to work on his kicking. Once that's sorted, he'll be the complete package.

Looking forward to seeing how Glencairn (still missing quite a few players) shape up against a strong-looking Irvine Meadow in a friendly at our place tomorrow night. It'll be a big test for us, but a good one at this stage of our pre-season.

Good show from Medda. Willie Sayers looking as good as I've ever seen him, played very well.

Jordon Murch, very impressive also.

No 16 lad played central defence in the 2nd half, was excellent. Classiest player I've seen for ages.

Ryan Deas very classy as well.

Archived