Irvine Meadow

Shannon

Be interesting to see how next season pans out for us and all the teams who are in top league in 2014-15. Hope we play to Sawyers strenghts and he loses wee half stone could be even better or just way he is built?

I really enjoyed watching Barr at Meadow and big supporter of him. Can really see how he didnt work out as at his last season at Meadow started not making training and then games. Great memories from his time with Meadow and always seemed a very decent guy too.

Just the way he is built. He isn't very fast, but isn't unfit.

- Assist for Monti's 1st.

- Assist for McQuilken

- Goal v.s Dunipace

Thats about as good as it got from Sawyers at Pollok, his hold up play is excellent, it just never really worked. There was one game v.s Beith where we took them apart and Willie should have had a hatrick and he pissed up 3 easy ones, we went on to steal a draw in a game we dominated.

- Then of course he does this to us last season.

Remember we had a piss poor defence, but he will score goals given the chance.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A trophy is a must. We need silverware to rubberstamp what we are showing on the park. Added firepower was needed. Need a goalie now as well. Given the Jsc is a bit of a hoodoo I'd concentrate on the league and take what we get in the Scottish.

Did McLachlan not play RB for the Rabs.

Medda my pick for the league if they get the best out of Sawyers. Need to play into him or he's practically useless.

I'm sure McLachlan did play right back for Rabs but he is an excellent centre mid with a great range of passing, I played with him at Lanark and that's where he played and I thought he was a top player

I was hoping we would sign him good ball player in the middle of the park. Rob Roy r gonnie struggle without sawyers n deas

There was no way they were going to keep their top players after going down.

Although I have to say, Sawyers will have to get off the chips and lose a stone at least. What an embarrassment.

Any truth in Murch changing his mind and deciding to join beith instead?? Heard over the weekend that Johnny Millar had persuaded him to join beith?

Cant see any truth in it as signed for Meadow after both teams were in for him.

Has he definitely signed? Why is he not mentioned in the squad list at the start of this thread. Wouldn't be too sure of this one, Iv heard it a few times over the last few days that he has had a change of heart.

Has he definitely signed? Why is he not mentioned in the squad list at the start of this thread. Wouldn't be too sure of this one, Iv heard it a few times over the last few days that he has had a change of heart.

Jordan Murch, Wullie Sawyers, Ryan Deas and Paul McLauglin all now signed since.

With Wullie sawyers, Ryan dees, Paul McLaughlin, Jordan Murch, Michael Keenan, Wullie McLaughlin and Mark McLennan all signing, I think meadow could be very strong next year. Especially when the core have resigned down at meadow. Interesting season....

Will be a hard job keeping all those players happy. With the players that Rankin already has and the ones he has brought in, there's a lot of players who won't stick around if there not playing. I think that will be his only problem this year.

Looking forward to welcoming Meadow to Rutherglen for our pre-season friendly. Meadow are building an impressive squad, and I expect them to challenge for the title next season, they will give us a really good pre-season test. And, of course, it'll be good to welcome back two Glencairn legends in Stevie and Murdie, as well as the chance to try and talk Paul McLaughlin off the park again. :P

Archived